Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saw full silent NOSFERATU last week &

spence

First things first, this holds up all the way from it's 1922 release & Max Schrek is all-tme fnest Vampire/Nosfratu in cinema history! & as Maltin says "The  Ugliest" too!  Wonder what Max Schrek (d-1946) really looked like without make-up & garb?

That is he BIG-TIME! & also my vote as the scariest of ';em all-(TCM shoulda' waited until; only a couple days prior to HALLOWEEN-(saw all but 2 up in NJ) though to re air the Horror Silent Epic though?  Lugosi could never even begin to hold an acting candle to that actor!!!

Though he absolutely holds film together & perfectly in all details too. Co-stars not that good, but atmosphere does it this time out.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Paragraph of unreadable content at the bottom of post.

Schrek was definitely the creepiest looking Dracula. There's still nothing quite like the silent German expressionist films in the horror genre. I sure wish TCM would show the 1924 version of THE HANDS OF ORLOC with Conrad Veidt again. Great film for this time of year's silent Sunday nights.

The_Hands_of_Orlac_VideoCover.png

Maltin rates it either a strong ***1/2 or the full 4 stars!  I say 4, a truly creepy & artsy thriller, with what he says in regard to Schrek the ugliest Vampire in film history   AGAIN SEE>"Shadow of a Vampire" (20000) ($6m.) (***12/2-out of 4) Dafoe is astonishing in the role, but with a different take on it.

Who has shots of Max Schrek in normal life?

(TRIVIA: Must be delicate here, but FW Murnau actually died while drivi8ng an automobile on a pacific coast highway.mountain, while getting oral sex with a young man simultaneously & drove off a cliff)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings