Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Martin Scorsese tribute

tylerminkis5

Haven't heard but for moi I never much cared for his work. He ought to re-read the screenplays & delete more than let's say 20 'f's that is said so often and retain like 4 or 5 times it is said in his flick's. That would be more than sufficent! --Yes?

Oh, and I'm far from being a prude -

I admire Scorsese most as a film historian and a champion for film restoration. He has tremendous appreciation for film as an art form, but while I usually agree with the points he admires in classic films, I find his own films to be lacking in nearly all of those same qualities he praises (particularly warmth and compassion). His own titles are too angry, profane and violent, and the characters too unsympathetic, for my taste. But his films always look amazing, and I have to acknowledge that the cast and visuals of his upcoming Howard Hughes flick look very impressive.

I thoroughly agree with these comments on Scorsese. He loves and is influenced by the films of Michael Powell (Red Shoes, Black Narcissus) but I have never seen any of this style or look in any of Scorses films. Even the Scorsese film New York, New York which was supposed to be in tribute to those MGM musicals is very dark in mood and character.

Archived