Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Similar Movies

LLS207

The other night Rita Hayworth was in a picture where she was on and island with a bunch of marines and a bible thumping preaching. Isn’t this a remake of Rain with Joan Crawford?

i misses the beginning where Ben Mankiewicz tells about the movie.  So I have to ask the forum.

thank you,

L. Sager

Los Angeles, California 

20 minutes ago, LLS207 said:

The other night Rita Hayworth was in a picture where she was on and island with a bunch of marines and a bible thumping preaching. Isn’t this a remake of Rain with Joan Crawford?

i misses the beginning where Ben Mankiewicz tells about the movie.  So I have to ask the forum.

thank you,

L. Sager

Los Angeles, California 

Yes, it was previously made as Sadie Thompson (1928) with Gloria Swanson & Lionel Barrymore, and then as Rain (1932) with Joan Crawford & Walter Huston, before Miss Sadie Thompson (1953) with Rita Hayworth & Jose Ferrer.

They were all based on the 1921 short story "Rain" by W. Somerset Maugham, and a subsequent play, Rain, which starred Jeanne Eagels.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings