Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Could We Request Some Disney Movies For The TCM Big Screen Classics Series Too With An Intro And Outro By Leonard Maltin

David Guercio

When I watch Treasures From The Disney Vault.  It,s always so fun and so cool.  Because I just love Disney so much.  A whole lot.  I just started this month,s last night too.  It is so cool.  I tivoed it on the 15th that night.  Leonard Maltin does a really wonderful job as host.  He is perfect for the job and perfect for the host and I am so glad TCM considered Treasures From The Disney Vault after they opened that ride at Walt Disney World.  What was it called again?  I have seen them all except for the very first one a few Decembers ago.  Maybe Backlot will have some videos from that one sometime and maybe TCM will also show that one again sometime.  Anyway.  When I watch it.  I always think it would be so cool if they also added some Disney movies to the TCM Big Screen Classics Series.  With an intro and outro by Leonard Maltin.  That would be so neat and so cool.  Because Leonard Maltin has been a part of TCM and a host of TCM since he started Treasures From The Disney Vault.  Does anyone know if we could request it?

3 hours ago, David Guercio said:

When I watch Treasures From The Disney Vault.  It,s always so fun and so cool.  Because I just love Disney so much.  A whole lot. 

(Yyyyeah.  You said it, we didn't.  ;) )

I always think it would be so cool if they also added some Disney movies to the TCM Big Screen Classics Series.  With an intro and outro by Leonard Maltin.  That would be so neat and so cool.  Because Leonard Maltin has been a part of TCM and a host of TCM since he started Treasures From The Disney Vault.  Does anyone know if we could request it?

You could REQUEST it, but you probably wouldn't GET it--Disney still owns exhibition rights to the movies.  
(Oh, and the TCM ride is already gone at Disney World:  They're bringing some kitschy "30's Mickey & Minnie" ride into the Grauman's Chinese building, because the new Disney marketers hate Mickey Mouse.)

16 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Leonard Maltin does a really wonderful job as host.  He is perfect for the job and perfect for the host

Maltin is an untapped resource, especially for TCM. Maltin actually knows about film history & could write his own material (which most TCM hosts cannot-even Robt Osborne's was written for him)

Maltin's knowledge reaches from modern films to silent film obscurities. But his personal favorite seems to be Disney, judging from his memorabilia collection.

15 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

Late next year Disney will have their own streaming channel up and running. I'm sure you will be able to view all their movies to your heart's content for the right price.

I believe Netflix is going to have to relinquish all of the Disney movies that are currently on their site once Disney gets their site up and running. 

2 minutes ago, NickAndNora34 said:

I believe Netflix is going to have to relinquish all of the Disney movies that are currently on their site once Disney gets their site up and running. 

Only the G and PG stuff. The R rated Marvel inventory will stay with Netflix.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings