Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Hud" tonight

slappy3500

Can't wait to see ol' Bob's intro to "Hud" tonight. (Even if he DOES walk toward the screen:)) It's my favorite Newman film (Edges out "The Hustler" IMO) and is in my personal TOP 10. It also features wonderful performances by Patricia Neal (Best Sup. Actress),Brandon DeWilde, and Melvyn Douglas. The direction by Martin Ritt is top notch, as is the screenplay, based on the novel "Horseman Pass By" by Larry McMurtry who also wrote "The Last Picture Show" and "Terms of Endirement" (As well as their Sequels) and "the Lonesome Dove". If you have never seen this film, you are in for a real feast if you watch tonight. Also check out Whit Bissel as the Agriculture Dept. guy.

I go around the house saying, "Hi, I'm Robert Osborne!"

Even have my roomies saying it.

The man's become a close friend of mine & I've never even met him! Haha!

Really looking forward to seeing HUD tonight, this'll be my first time watching it.

For your information slappy, Patricia Neal won the Oscar for Best Actress in "Hud" and Melvyn Douglas won for Best Supporting Actor.

Also "Hud" is my second favorite Paul Newman role with top honors going to "Cool Hand Luke".

Mongo

Mea Culpa Mongo. I DID know about the Oscars, but I have so much trivia floating thru my head (Only PART of it is about movies) that I forgot, was reminded, and forgot again. In 6 months I'll forget again:) I DO know that Newman was nominated & didn't win. Was it Peck in "Mockingbird"? Don't really keep much track of Oscars.

Slappy just wanted to thank you for the title of the book Hud was based on-I have great intentions to get to the library to check it out. I have read Lonesome Dove and I loved it. I didn't know he wrote non-westerns either you learn something new everyday-huh?

Archived