Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In the Pines Promo Criss Cross Questions

1.  What is the voice from which says "Criss Cross" at the beginning before the song starts?  If a film, which one?

2.  Is there any connection between this and the Newbery award winning book Criss Cross by Lynn Rae Perkins, in which the characters listen to a radio program opened by an "old movie voice" saying the words "Criss Cross"?

If no connection, rather odd coincidence.  Thanks, this is slowly driving me batty.

12 hours ago, CoriSCapnSkip said:

1.  What is the voice from which says "Criss Cross" at the beginning before the song starts?  If a film, which one?

2.  Is there any connection between this and the Newbery award winning book Criss Cross by Lynn Rae Perkins, in which the characters listen to a radio program opened by an "old movie voice" saying the words "Criss Cross"?

If no connection, rather odd coincidence.  Thanks, this is slowly driving me batty.

It is from Hitchcock's Strangers On a Train:  Here is part of the exchange when the two leading men are on a train:

Guy: Swap murders?
Bruno: Each fellow does the other fellow's murder. Then there is nothing to connect them. The one who had the motive isn't there. Each fellow murders a total stranger. Like you do my murder and I do yours.
Guy: We're coming into my station.
Bruno: For example, your wife, my father. Criss-cross.

PS:  The film is based on the book (with the same title) by Patricia Highsmith.

• Thanks 2