Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stop Motion Animation Goof

hamradio

I been meaning to mention this, in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" one of the animators accidentally bumped against the mayor's hearse-like car moving the megaphone slightly.  In the behind the scenes story on DVD, one of the animators discussed such errors, if notable enough the scene has to be reshot.  I noticed this myself, wasn't mentioned in documentary.

On the right 4-5 second time mark.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that info, hamradio. I don't usually purchase films on disk, just because I never really watch them unless they are on TV. The DVD's with behind the scenes and extra goodies, though, I am interested in!

My wife loves this one, so we watch it regularly with our other "traditional" Christmas movie viewings.  I'm not that crazy about it myself, but...fair is fair....  ;) 

BTW--- Tried catching what you're talking about on your provided clip.  Never noticed anything out of sorts.  What exactly am I supposed to notice?

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

My wife loves this one, so we watch it regularly with our other "traditional" Christmas movie viewings.  I'm not that crazy about it myself, but...fair is fair....  ;) 

BTW--- Tried catching what you're talking about on your provided clip.  Never noticed anything out of sorts.  What exactly am I supposed to notice?

Sepiatone

May want to go Youtube full screen, its the megaphone on the mayor's car.  You can see it move by itself because one of the animators accidentally bumped against it. 

Zoomed in on the right

fd59aa.jpg

Detail of car with megaphone on top.

14718293_1706146319702275_91668752811289

On 10/30/2018 at 7:55 AM, Sepiatone said:

Thanks.  That full screen switch did help, but the whole thing seems so inconsequential that probably a very few really noticed or cared.  (like me....)  ;)

Sepiatone

I think noticing such is fun like the subliminal advertising for the CGI company... OCS Freeze Frame / Pixel Magic in "Casper Meets Wendy" (1998) whom also did the SPX's in the movie.  That one was only 1 frame of film. (before fading out)

Now how many noticed this? :D

2yva3r4.png

Edited by hamradio

In the early days of home video (laser disc, etc.) there was a magazine dedicated to it all and it had a monthly feature in which home disc enthusiasts would hunt and find such stuff and write in to inform which movie and at WHAT TIME point it appears. 

I'm sorry I can't recall the name of the magazine, but I do like noticing certain "glitches" in movies, like "boom in shot", or continuity goofs and the like( and set anachronism goof-ups).  But I don't obsessively hunt for them.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

In the early days of home video (laser disc, etc.) there was a magazine dedicated to it all and it had a monthly feature in which home disc enthusiasts would hunt and find such stuff and write in to inform which movie and at WHAT TIME point it appears. 

I'm sorry I can't recall the name of the magazine, but I do like noticing certain "glitches" in movies, like "boom in shot", or continuity goofs and the like( and set anachronism goof-ups).  But I don't obsessively hunt for them.

Sepiatone

Yeah, Sepia. I think it was called "The Eagle-Eye Monthly Digest" or somethin'. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

I saw an overhead mic in "Saturday Night Fever" at my local theatre in 1978.  It was near the end where John Travolta was at Stephanie's apartment apologizing for his attempted rape, just when he enters her apartment  I told the manager about it, he saw the mic with a bit of amazement and told the projectionist to frame down that scene a bit. 

(Back then one can watch a movie as much as one wants during the day)

I didn't went looking for the OCS Freeze Frame homepage shot at first, something just caught my eye during the picture of George Hamilton fading in on the laptop - uh what was that I thought. Movie in on Youtube 1:01:58 time frame

Edited by hamradio

• 5 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings