Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hibi

Dark Shadows Fans

12 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Yay-we're returning tomorrow to Westchester just to tour Lyndhurst, aka Collinwood!

(oh yeah and to pick up discarded furnishings from a nearby cemetery chapel....right place/right time) 

😥 It may be closed for the season when I checked on it I thought the web site said it was open until Nov 11. Or maybe it was Philipse Manor, I'd check.

CW Plans New “Dark Shadows” Series

cw-plans-new-dark-shadows-series-696x464

Fifteen years after a pilot for a remake failed to take off at The WB back in 2004, the network’s current incarnation The CW is having another shot at reviving iconic gothic soap opera “Dark Shadows” which ran for over 1,200 episodes from 1966 to 1971.

“Dark Shadows: Reincarnation” is dubbed a modern-day continuation of the strange and sexy saga of the Collins family of Collinsport, Maine – a mysterious, influential, publicity-shy group who have lived for four centuries under a curse that bedevils their blueblood with every imaginable supernatural creature and horror.

Mark B. Perry is attached to write and executive produce the one-hour drama while Tracy and Cathy Curtis will also executive produce along with Michael Helfant, Bradley Gallo, and Tracy Mercer. Warner Bros. Television will produce.

The original soap was briefly revived on NBC in the early 1990s, The WB did a pilot in 2004 which starred Alec Newman as Barnabas Collins along with Jessica Chastain, Kelly Hu, Martin Donovan, Matt Czuchry and Jenna Dewan. Tim Burton directed a 2012 feature adaptation with a more comedic tone and starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cw-plans-new-dark-shadows-series/

the 2012 film is a joke. Depp shoulda taken the film more seriously since he claimed to be such a big fan of Jonathan Frid.

But I would give Depp another shot if he forgets the palid makeup and finger nails.

Image result for jonathan frid barnabas collins

Two of Dan Curtis's daughters are involved in the new project as producers.

Has anyone seen the recent documentary about Dan, "Master of Dark Shadows"?

7 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

Hopefully it isn't where Barnabas comes back and haunts the Brady Bunch.

3 hours ago, Roy Cronin said:

No. Would like to though.

personally, if it were my project I'd give ben cross another crack at it. NBC pulled the plug on the 1991 revival far too soon and Barbara Steele succeeded in surpassing grayson hall as Julia imo.

the noble Barnabas, supernatural being and hero.

even death and vampirism could not dull the character of this man.

Image result for ben cross barbara steele dark shadows

A big NAY to Ben Cross as Barnabas again....first of all he's too old. Second, he was nowhere near as sympathetic as Barnabas as Jonathan Frid was.

I actually like the Tim Burton film with Johnny Depp. I do wish it had been a little bit more serious in tone, but I liked it for what it was.

It would be neat if they could attempt a revival of the show again, but finding the right actor to play Barnabas would be essential. I just hope they don't try and remake HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS like the 1991 show did the first few episodes.

7 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

A big NAY to Ben Cross as Barnabas again....first of all he's too old. Second, he was nowhere near as sympathetic as Barnabas as Jonathan Frid was.

I actually like the Tim Burton film with Johnny Depp. I do wish it had been a little bit more serious in tone, but I liked it for what it was.

It would be neat if they could attempt a revival of the show again, but finding the right actor to play Barnabas would be essential. I just hope they don't try and remake HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS like the 1991 show did the first few episodes.

yeah, I noticed that while I was watching it for the first time back on NBC in 1991. I thought this is the Gordon Russell-Sam Hall script from 1970. I also thought actor jim fyffe was silly as willie. willie loomis wasn't a buffoon.

yeah, I hafta agree ben cross is too old now but they really screwed the casting of Angelique. they needed somebody with the alluring beauty of lara parker. lysette Anthony who played Carolyn woulda been better as Angelique.

I've been thinking of DS of late watching it on Decades but they jumped some episodes just last nite which I doan appreciate including Frid's intro ep. I was looking forward to seeing Roger trying to roust willie outta bed. so bleep decades. the 3 pivotal characters that must be gotten right imo casting-wise are Barnabas, Julia and Angelique 

even as a vampiress this woman is seriously hot.

Image result for angelique vampire dark shadows

Image result for angelique vampire dark shadows

Lysette Anyhony did play Angelique on the Dark Shadows 90's version.  She was up to par with Lara Parker.  Barbara Blackburn played Carolyn, but she didn't hold a candle to Nancy Barrett,

1 hour ago, Dommy said:

Lysette Anyhony did play Angelique on the Dark Shadows 90's version.  She was up to par with Lara Parker.  Barbara Blackburn played Carolyn, but she didn't hold a candle to Nancy Barrett,

my memory is fading but irregardless lysette Anthony wasn't pretty at all as Angelique. she delivered her lines with this heavy French accent. lara is the one and only Angelique and that horrible 2012 movie with her driving around in a red sports car was an insult to lara.

barnabas and ben decide to have a tower room cookout.

:)

I am not saying she was better than Lara Parker, but she was very good and so seductive and evil.  That horrible 2012 film was an insult.

Out of all Dark Shadows young beautiful actresses on the show Alexandra Moltke, Kathryn Leigh Scott, Kate Jackson, Diana Millay, Lisa Richards, Lara Parker, Marie Wallace, Donna Wandrey , Donna McKechnie, Terry Crawford and Virginia Vestoff, it was Nancy Barrett was my favorite for beauty and talent.  Her Carolyn Stoddard and her other characters were all different in every way.  She was  more versatile that the other actresses.    It's  a shame she didn't become a big TV or movie star.   

• Like 1

I believe Nancy appeared on ONE LIFE TO LIVE years after DARK SHADOWS went off the air. As did Grayson Hall. And Anthony George (the 2nd Burke Devlin). Perhaps Nancy got tired of acting, I don't know.

16 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I believe Nancy appeared on ONE LIFE TO LIVE years after DARK SHADOWS went off the air. As did Grayson Hall. And Anthony George (the 2nd Burke Devlin). Perhaps Nancy got tired of acting, I don't know.

Nancy was also on Ryan's Hope. so many beautiful women graced dark shadows but Angelique's evil was all that more memorable because of lara parker's beauty.

Image result for lara parker angelique

Image result for lara parker angelique

• Like 2

Yes, Lara Parker was wonderful. No one else would have been nearly as good.

Nancy Barrett was on The Doctors for a year or so, playing a nurse who got pregnant by Italian stallion neurosurgeon Nick (Gerald Gordon) when his true love Dr. Althea Davis (Elizabeth Hubbard) had impulsively married the deliciously evil Dr. John Morrison (Patrick Horgan).

• Haha 1

Yes I know Nancy Barrett did all those soaps after "Dark Shadows" went off the air.  She actually appeared on "One Life To Live" twice.  Her first character was Rachel Wilson a terminally ill patient.  She was actually given a double dosage of her medicine by a pair of doctors who were having an affair.  Doctor Mark Toland who was played by none other than Tommy Lee Jones and Dorian  Cramer played by Nancy Pinkerton.  The second time she was on it was in the 80's.  She played the DA.   She said in an interview she turned down prime time roles in the 70's.  Too bad she didn't take the offers.  All fans of her and the show always loved her beautiful shoulder length blonde hair.

• Like 1

she had nice blonde hair but I never thought Nancy barrett was pretty. Terry Crawford had the same kinda chiseled jaw features.

:lol:

She was a very 60's chick.   I don't DS had any homely women on the show.  

On 11/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, Dommy said:

She was a very 60's chick.   I don't DS had any homely women on the show.  

except for mrs. Johnson.

:lol:

I never thought much of Nancy Barrett on the show. Pretty, but not much else. Hated her stiff flip hairdo...I did like her in the Quentin storyline.