Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Schedule problem?

Web50

On Saturday, Nov 3 (or Sunday Morning), the schedule has Les dames du Bois du Boulogne starting at 4:15 am and running 86 mins, and at 4:17 am it has The Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Story, running 57 mins. Then at 6 am it has Broadway Melody of 1936.  So what is getting bumped?  I hope it's not Les dames, since it's a premiere.

FWIW: Schedule had "October (1928)" but "The Ascent (1977)" (a great movie) aired instead.

However, I've never seen "October (1928)" so, I am disappointed once again by yet another schedule change - please stick to the schedule TCM. 😘

Additionally, please don't schedule any "premieres" during standard/daylight time changes, thank you TCM.

I was going to post some of the details on what last month looked like, as I have some very detailed info coming in on what actually airs.

Since this place is already thoroughly nitpicked apart on a regular basis by people who otherwise seem to have nothing else to do, I will just say...yes, last month was brutal with the unpublished changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think this is a good idea for an ongoing thread.  Recently it has happened where the programming changed, the on-screen programming was correct, and the TCM website was wrong.

So far this thread has been helpful for me. 

P.S.  Oops, that was a different thread, the one concerning Eight on the Lam (1967).  But same idea. 

It looks as if we are on our own here.

1 hour ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I think this is a good idea for an ongoing thread.  Recently it has happened where the programming changed, the on-screen programming was correct, and the TCM website was wrong.

I had the opposite problem..last week my directv guide showed several films that were incorrect..and now the tcm app live stream isn't working on anything..hope it's not getting all wonky again...

34 minutes ago, shutoo said:

I had the opposite problem..last week my directv guide showed several films that were incorrect..and now the tcm app live stream isn't working on anything..hope it's not getting all wonky again...

Did that have anything to do with the daylight savings time?

I have Directv too but don't usually use the Directv on-screen schedule.  I use the 3rd party Schedules Direct guide, which is a consumer offshoot of the Gracenote/Tribune guide for commercial use.  So I might have different experiences with that.

In any case I didn't miss anything.

Weird.

13 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Did that have anything to do with the daylight savings time?

could be..usually I find the guide pretty accurate..I remember seeing the film Valmont listed, but it wasn't on..not sure if it even aired (usually I use the watch tcm app android to see the full schedule on a tablet, but it's been crashing for a couple of days..it seems I have trouble with it every few months)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings