Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help with a movie title

irenepjj1

Does anyone know what film has a scene where a  mother (I think she lives in a small shack in the woods) is trying to marry off her daughter to a well to do man but the daughter refuses to go out with him. He is waiting outside in the car and the mother decides to go on the date with him instead. He is surprised to see the mother at his window but they go ahead and drive off together. I remember the film was black and white and the setting looked like early 1960's or late 50's. Any help please?

11 hours ago, irenepjj1 said:

Does anyone know what film has a scene where a  mother (I think she lives in a small shack in the woods) is trying to marry off her daughter to a well to do man but the daughter refuses to go out with him. He is waiting outside in the car and the mother decides to go on the date with him instead. He is surprised to see the mother at his window but they go ahead and drive off together. I remember the film was black and white and the setting looked like early 1960's or late 50's. Any help please?

I think the film might be (1961) Claudelle Inglish. Diane McBain as the daughter, Constance Ford as the mother, Claude Atkins as the rich neighbor. Check out TCM's database to read the summary. TCM has shown the film a few times.I've seen the film at least twice when TCM aired it. It was considered a racey film at that time and we had discussions about the film on the bds. Hope that's the film you're looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, irenepjj1 said:

Thank you! That is the film. Ive been looking for that movie for several years. your a lifesaver!

You are very welcome. Glad I could help. You might check TCM's database every so often to see if and when Claudelle Inglish will be shown and  check out youtube to see if it's there. Sometimes your local library has copies (or at least they use to) of older films. Good Luck :)

My sister and her high school girlfriends loved that movie since it was such a lurid potboiler. Didn't it star Diane McBain who was a Warner Brothers tv stalwart. It was just itching to be a paperback novel cover with the town tramp as they called them in those less progressive days, seducing all the young men available.

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I already wrote that it starred Diane McBain in my response to the poster who asked about the film. Constance Ford played the mother and Claude Atkins as the rich neighbor. Yes, I also wrote it was racy for those times. 

It was probably the only time Diane McBain got to headline a movie. I think she could have handled more kinds of roles than Warner's was willing to offer her. Claudelle Inglish was lurid by design, but I think Diane did a great job of showing a good girl going bad rather than just some stereotypical "tramp". She was just as believably good as she was believably bad.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings