Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mistake in Tales of Manhattan Introductions

sewhite2000

Tales of Manhattan has aired on TCM three times, I believe once in 2017 and now in January of this year and again this week. I've watched two of those airings. I believe the January, 2018, airing was the one I didn't watch. Anyway, the two times I watched, it was stated in the introduction on both occasions that the print about to be shown would contain a restored segment starring W.C. Fields that had been deleted from the original theatrical release. In fact, on neither of those occasions did the print contain that segment. I can't speak for the one time I didn't watch. I don't care to elaborate, and I'm not trying to cause trouble. I would just like it to be known for the record that this happened.

4 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Seriously, they deleted the thread?

Seriously? 

They cant be troubled to get the intro right twice but they got the time to scrub the thread? 

Wow.

I assume you know there is another thread, going back from 2017 that is more 'complete';  i.e. it has info on the 'special' Fox release of the missing segment.   (i.e. something I either forgot or didn't know).    

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume you know there is another thread, going back from 2017 that is more 'complete';  i.e. it has info on the 'special' Fox release of the missing segment.   (i.e. something I either forgot or didn't know).    

cmovieviewer has brought that thread back to Page One if moderators want to combine it with this one. I tried to find it, but it was a more daunting task than I realized! Searching for W.C. Fields or Tales of Manhattan or even both together yielded more than 1,300 posts that I just didn't have the patience to sort through. So, my thanks to him (?).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings