Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Die Hard on TCM?

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I'm holding out for My Lovely Burnt Brother and His Squashed Brain. It's the 30th anniversary of that, as well.

Well, since one of the characters in that is named Jay Jay Hard, I guess this might make a good double bill.

3 hours ago, Fedya said:

I've had some explosive diarrhea, too....

Now THAT'S a whole OTHER movie, Fedya.

(...and with The Taco Bell Story only celebrating its 27th anniversary since its general release to the theaters, I believe)

11 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Well, since one of the characters in that is named Jay Jay Hard, I guess this might make a good double bill.

The last item on my bucket list is to Die Hard! ;):)

Not to seriously change the subject Rich, but I thought you might be interested to know that your Avatar namesake, Tor Johnson aired again today in "Registered Nurse" (1934). He had a full head of hair and was quite a good-looking guy back then. He played a wrestler called Sonnevich. 
We discussed this movie before a couple of years or so ago. I even posted some stills from the movie for you then.
BTW, REGISTERED NURSE is currently available on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND until 11/20/2018, in case you've yet to see it, or would like to see it again.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

The last item on my bucket list is to Die Hard! ;):)

Not to seriously change the subject Rich, but I thought you might be interested to know that your Avatar namesake, Tor Johnson aired again today in "Registered Nurse" (1934). He had a full head of hair and was quite a good-looking guy back then. He played a wrestler called Sonnevich. 
We discussed this movie before a couple of years or so ago. I even posted some stills from the movie for you then.
BTW, REGISTERED NURSE is currently available on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND until 11/20/2018, in case you've yet to see it, or would like to see it again.

Thanks, now that you mention it, I recall you posting about it. I will definitely check it out!

On 11/14/2018 at 9:28 AM, cmovieviewer said:

Perhaps I missed it but I don't think anyone has yet addressed the question in the original post.

If/when TCM schedules Die Hard it should show up at the top of their Overview page for the film:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/18605/Die-Hard/

So no, Die Hard is not currently scheduled on TCM.

Yippee-ki-yay mo...

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

No need to apologize here, cmovieviewer.

Ya see, for the past few days and since this thread was started, I too have been looking for an opening to quote Mr. Willis' most famous line this flick.

(...and I'm just impressed that you seemed to have found that opening) 

;)

• Like 2

On 11/13/2018 at 1:42 PM, Gershwin fan said:

TCM has already shown 80s action movies before and Die Hard is played on many different channels already. I think the "deal" is TCM only showing it in theaters.

But too, I've seen MANY of the movies shown on TCM many times on OTHER channels, and BEFORE TCM came along.  ;)  So......

Why NOT show DIE HARD in place of say, the 11,399th showing of NORTH BY NORTHWEST?   :rolleyes:  ;)

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

It has been stated TCM screens movies like Die Hard in theaters only.  Do these titles eventually make it onto the TCM program schedule?  I think I remember TCM screening "South Pacific" in theaters.  I might be wrong.  I have never seen South Pacific and I have always wondered why South Pacific, Oklahoma, and the Sound of Music are not on TCM.  I thought these titles would show up during the 31 Days of Oscar.  Does it have to do with channel/studio rights? 

7 minutes ago, thomasterryjr said:

It has been stated TCM screens movies like Die Hard in theaters only.  Do these titles eventually make it onto the TCM program schedule?  I think I remember TCM screening "South Pacific" in theaters.  I might be wrong.  I have never seen South Pacific and I have always wondered why South Pacific, Oklahoma, and the Sound of Music are not on TCM.  I thought these titles would show up during the 31 Days of Oscar.  Does it have to do with channel/studio rights? 

Those are owned by Twentieth Century Fox and TCM gets most of its titles from MGM.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings