Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Double whammy.......

Sepiatone

How many times has something like this happen to any of you?-------

Last night, after MARTY was over, and of course seeing JOE MANTELL as Marty's best friend ANGIE, I switched over to MeTV to catch last night's TWILIGHT ZONE, and the episode they showed was "Nervous Man In A Four Dollar Room".  which featured Mantell as the main character!  :o  

Since then I've been trying to remember if and when this sort of thing happened with me before, and I wondered if any HERE had a similar experience, and with what....?

Sepiatone

Funny you mention this, Sepia!

Ya see, just the other day while channel surfing I happened upon that Ben Stiller flick Zoolander and JUST as a certain New York City-based property owner made his little cameo appearance in it.

BUT wouldn't ya know it, after quickly changing the channel and landing on a news program, THAT guy, a little older and little fatter and his thinning hair a little more orange now, was on that program TOO!

(...man, I tell ya...sometimes this whole channel surfing thing is just a big waste of time, huh)

:D

Just thought of something DARG, and coincidentally, it hit me while discussing the guy( and his associations) with a buddy I came up with another sort of comparison...

I was facetiously, due to the "mid-terms" being over, claiming that now it was safe to turn on the tube because..."...now that the monkeys are done flinging their dung.  Except of course, for KING LOUIE!"  ;)

My friend( who's right-leaning) asked me, "Who's King Louie?"  and I told him;

"That big, ugly orange ORANGUTAN in Disney's "Jungle Book".  ;) 

So, imaging going from THAT to a news item!  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

No but what used to happen to me frequently is: I'll be walking down the street to work, or taking a shower early in the a.m. and randomly, idly, mulling over a scene from a classic flick I haven't seen--or even thought of--in years. And then that evening, it would air on TV.

p.s. 'Ben Stiller' ...ugh

2 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

No but what used to happen to me frequently is: I'll be walking down the street to work, or taking a shower early in the a.m. and randomly, idly, mulling over a scene from a classic flick I haven't seen--or even thought of--in years. And then that evening, it would air on TV.

Uh-huh, yep Sarge. I understand.

(...in that above story of mine, seeing the "The Orange One" suddenly appear on my TV while momentarily landing on Zoolander wasn't the ONLY reason I quickly changed the channel, ya know) ;)

22 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Yeah, that is different than what I was asking about, and too, that's happened to ME as well.... and fairly often too. :blink:

On 11/15/2018 at 9:25 AM, Sgt_Markoff said:

I've had a similar situation. I'll be walking down the street and then all of a sudden I think of the microcephalics in the movie Freaks and then I get on the internet and find one of them still alive and trying to start an argument with me on a site about some minor detail I've posted that is totally inconsequential or that makes no sense to them. Now that is really freaky. Thankfully Sgt. Markoff usually has taken them into custody and is preparing papers for their admission to Broadmoor by the time I see their posts though so it all works out.

• Haha 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings