Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Movie Lines

Hoganman1

I know this topic was covered recently, but I couldn't find it. I feel sure someone will tell me how to find it again. In the meantime I thought of one last night watching a documentary about Watergate. "We're about to run a story saying the Attorney General, the highest ranking law enforcement official in the country, is a crook. We damn well better be right!" - Jason Robards as Ben Bradlee in ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I know this topic was covered recently, but I couldn't find it. I feel sure someone will tell me how to find it again. In the meantime I thought of one last night watching a documentary about Watergate. "We're about to run a story saying the Attorney General, the highest ranking law enforcement official in the country, is a crook. We damn well better be right!" - Jason Robards as Ben Bradlee in ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN.

There's a better one from "All the President's Men":

DEEP THROAT: "Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Image result for woodward and deep throat all the president's men images

16 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

Yes. Hal Holbrook was great as Deep Throat. However, I still think Robards was perfect as Bradlee. Tom Hanks was good as Bradlee in THE POST too, but Robards "nailed it" with his performance. 

My favorite Robards-as-Bradlee line from "All the President's Men" occurs in a scene in which the excecutive editor of The Washington Post and reporters Bob Woodward (Robert Redford) and Carl Bernstein (Dustin Hoffman) are discussing their coverage of Watergate.

When Woodward says they haven't had any luck obtaining a classified list of employees at the Committee to Re-Elect the President, Bradlee responds, "Get some."

Related image

4 hours ago, papyrusbeetle said:
"I don't want to die."
"Neither do I, baby, but if I have to, I'm going to die last."
-OUT OF THE PAST
BY THE WAY----ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN buries THE POST.
just saying......

I tend to agree. I enjoyed THE POST, but ATPM was better. For one thing, the actors in ATPM actually looked like the people they were playing. 

Also, I thought it was great that Bradlee had a "pet" name for his two young reporters. He called them "Woodstein" collectively.

• Like 1

Also, I thought it was great that Bradlee had a "pet" name for his two young reporters. He called them "Woodstein" collectively.

I'm not sure if that was Bradlee's idea or something that just came up in the newsroom as everyone just got really tired of citing both names every time.

Favorite movie lines. H'mmm. There's plenty of McQueen, Redford, Holden, Eastwood, Bronson, Marvin, and Newman lines which are all part of my conversational patter in real life. But I almost want to say that I use more movie gestures than I do lines. For example the beautiful movement of the hands by James Coburn after Bronson wins his release in 'Hard Times'. I do that with almost every drink/food tab I pay.

"Are we all square?" is the meaning; while your hands wipe imaginary chips off an imaginary poker table.

We all have some favorites.  Some are OTHER lines in films that most people like some other than one we prefer...

like:

From THE GODFATHER: "I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his D**K in his hand!"

from THE ODD COUPLE:  Oscar to Felix: "If you have something on your chest besides your chin, then get it off!"

from PAPER MOON:  Addie's answer to Moze when he asks her if she knows what scruples are---  "I might not know what they are, but if YOU got 'em, it's a sure bet they belong to someone else!"

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Heavy Metal" (1981) referring to Captain Stern.

Hanover Fiste.....He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

...He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm!...

And which sounds like the setup for the following punchline of an old comedy routine by Dom Irrera:

MV5BNzE4MTA0ODY0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDAy

"But I don't mean that in a bad way!"

(...there ya go Sarge...THERE'S one of those classic lines you can use sometime in the future, and like your earlier Jack Benny "Well...!!!!" quote...OR, maybe you HAVE already IF you remember Dom and that old routine of his, EH?!) ;)

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 8:13 PM, Debra Johnson said:

"If Stephen doesn't like something I'm wearing.....I take it off" (in response to "I wouldn't buy that if I were you, Stephen won't like it.  He'll think it cheap").  

Anyone know where this is from?

This great liner is from "The Women".  Joan Crawford speaking to Norma Shearer.

• Thanks 1

487855b1d865a4f87207219b9dbad5b6.jpg

"Are there any questions? No, there aren't!" - Sukhov, White Sun of the Desert

"I feel ashamed for my country" - when he realizes his forces aren't properly equipped to fight the enemy

It always makes me crack up when the way he says these lines. :lol: 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings