Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy 90th Birthday Mickey Mouse

hamradio

30 minutes ago, RBG FAN said:

Not to be confused with Ted Turner turning 80 today.

Happy Birthday Ted and thank you for Turner Classic Movies!

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/ted-turner-sings-his-80th-birthday-says-still-working-world/6jOUHi3TyQTBhjvvQvpRvJ/

Mickey's 90th, I knew about, with Disney's promotions.

Ted Turner still alive, that is news to me.  😯

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Assuming that's who you are referring to, it was announced a while back that Ted Turner has dementia. That tends to slow one down.

Oh, and he was sane when he used to show "Beastmaster II: Through the Portal of Time" three or four times a MONTH?  On both TBS and TNT??

As for Mickey's 90th...do we really like "Steamboat Willie" (as opposed to, say "The Sorcerer's Apprentice") all that much, or are we just bluffing for the fact that Disney never showed us any of Mickey's cartoons in the 80's, and most of us grew up never having seen any in our lives until DVD?

Ah. I kind of half-suspected that, which is sadly often the case with celebrities who haven't been heard from in awhile. Sorry to hear that. My maternal grandfather and my brother's mother-in-law, who's still living, both suffered from Alzheimer's, so I've seen more of that up close and personal than I care to see again. Very sorry to hear that.

9 hours ago, RBG FAN said:

Just curious. Is there a thread for birthdays hiding somewhere? There is the thread for people who die. I was too lazy to start a thread for Ted Turner, so I added him here. My bad.

Norman "Spirit In The Sky" Greenbaum is 76 today. (Music louder than rest of movie dialog) He lives in Santa Rosa, CA. Me too. TopBilled might like he is a Mac Guy. Maybe this movie will show in February.

There is but the Search failed to find it.  Only came across threads observing those turning 100 and some individual birthdays.. Wish the web designers improve on the Search function and get rid of that annoying <Time out> error. :angry:

Like add, the Search results gives you stuff one is NOT looking for.

Edited by hamradio

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings