Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BLACK FRIDAY movies

TopBilled

Yeah, thought the thread was going to be "Holiday of the week" movies about Black Friday, and "Jingle" was pretty much the Cabbage Patch Craze satire for the adult-cynical comic sake of doing one.  (Tickle-Me Elmo hadn't happened yet.)

From the mid-late 80's to early 90's, when we literally thought there was going to be one every YEAR after ColecoVision and Cabbage Patch in '82-'83.  So did the news media and store chains, and that's how Black Friday, and, quote, "Doorbuster sales" were artificially invented ever since...What, you thought it was some old European tradition, like the Christmas tree?    😛

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

Yeah, thought the thread was going to be "Holiday of the week" movies about Black Friday, and "Jingle" was pretty much the Cabbage Patch Craze satire for the adult-cynical comic sake of doing one.  (Tickle-Me Elmo hadn't happened yet.)

From the mid-late 80's to early 90's, when we literally thought there was going to be one every YEAR after ColecoVision and Cabbage Patch in '82-'83.  So did the news media and store chains, and that's how Black Friday, and, quote, "Doorbuster sales" were artificially invented ever since...What, you thought it was some old European tradition, like the Christmas tree?    😛

No, I thought it all started at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson NY, and when back in '67 a couple of musically inclined young fellows would meet and soon later form a jazz-rock band of some repute, and which they'd name after a particular "marital aid"...

(...yep, that's what I always thought) ;) 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings