Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

While trying to fall asleep last night, Ninotchka was on. I do believe this was what was on... There was a joke told in this movie, and it's been on my mind all day. If this was a real joke, I don't get it.

A man walked into a diner, the waiter asked him what he wanted. The man said, I'll have a cup of coffee and hold the cream. The waiter came back about 5 mins later, he said, I'm sorry we are out of coffee, would you like a glass of milk instead?

HUH?

"A man walked into a resturant, sat down and asked the waiter for a cup of coffee without cream. Five minutes later the waiter returned saying, "I'm sorry sir, we are all out of cream. Would it be alright if you had your coffee without milk?"

Or something along those lines.

Kyle In Hollywood

While watching "Ninotchka" I became aware of what a critic said about Garbo

he said "Miss Garbo has a face touched by God, she is so beautiful, but wherever

she walks, a man walks with her" I never understood this until I watch her come out

of the ladie's room at the nightclub, and noticed she did indeed walk with a manly stride.

PORTER: "May I take your bag, madam?"

NINOTCHKA: "Why?"

IRJANOFF: "He's a porter; that's his job."

NINOTCHKA: "That's not a job, it's social injustice."

PORTER: "That depends on the size of the tip."

Thank you Messrs. Brackett, Wilder and Reisch.

Everyone has messed up the joke. What Melvyn Douglas says is this:

A mushroom walks into a bar. The bartender says "we don't serve mushrooms in here." The mushroom replies, "Why not? I'm a fun guy."

At this point, Garbo says "I vant to be alone."

scsu, that's the first post you have made in the last thousand or so that wasn't irony-dipped. Glad you are facing your issues and taking responsibility.

Your probation officer should be okay with it, Manhattan is widely known as a bastion of straight-laced behavior and strict observance of the most conservative values and the most restrained activity. I'm surprised they didn't just dump you on a Greyhound bus bound for NYC instead of sending you up to juvie locally.

> scsu, please move to New York immediately and please come to all of my dinner parties.

*scsu* is actually *Lord Ferncliffe*, and is going to Florida to enjoy the fishing.

> Drat! My dinner at eight has been foiled again!

And you would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

> Any chance you, Fedya, are traveling incognito as Lady Ferncliffe, and still available?

No; I'm the cousin who would rather be seeing the latest Greeta Garbo movie than going to some stuffy dinner. And I don't feel like getting stuck with Carlotta's dog.

Guy walks into a restuarant. Waiter asks him for his order, the man says, coffree, no cream. The waiter goes, comes back and says...

"I'm sorry, we're out of cream. Would it be OK without milk instead?" Or at least that's pretty close... the point being that no matter what, the customer is still stuck with black coffee.

And the poster who said the scene is not about the joke is totally right... it's about poor melvyn Douglas trying everything to get Garbo to laugh and striking out... until he falls off his chair and looks like an idiot. Then she laughs.