Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

indisputable proof of tcm cinema slackness

NipkowDisc

two cult horror films from the seventies that tcm could be showing and I really got a kick outta them when I saw them on pay cable back in the seventies....

a residential building due to be torn down occupied by seniors who have lived there for so long they doan wanna leave, film is great fun...

Homebodies (1974)

only thing I doan like is paula trueman sticking a butcher knife in linda marsh because the viewer almost immediately begins to feel sorry for her. she was just doing her job and the new apartments were pretty spiffy for the early seventies.

plus linda marsh looked kinda hot like a sexually repressed librarian.

and...

psychic killer(1975) with jim hutton as the astral projecting killer. the meat grinding scene with Neville brand is a hoot.

no sign of these two minor but well-executed flicks anywhere, certainly not on slack tcm.

:D

I misread your thread title and thought it said "Cinema Sickness." I was like, what is TCM Cinema Sickness?

A definition from Google:

Slackness refers to vulgarity in West Indian culture, behavior and the music. It also refers to a subgenre of dancehall music with straightforward sexual lyrics performed live or recorded.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I misread your thread title and thought it said "Cinema Sickness." I was like, what is TCM Cinema Sickness?

A definition from Google:

Slackness refers to vulgarity in West Indian culture, behavior and the music. It also refers to a subgenre of dancehall music with straightforward sexual lyrics performed live or recorded.

Yeah, he has his own neologisms he uses. I really like his "schtootze" phrase. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

I don't know how anyone at TCM is gonna be able to walk around with their head held high after this sensational accusation

I'm just saying these tcm self-praising psalmers will show something awful like Roller Boogie but not the 2 films I mention above.

they could show hot spell but no these tcm people would praise something truly awful, probably THE worst film ever made behind the creeping terror, the beast of yucca flats before showing hot spell....

they would show excruciating marathons of both the creeping terror and the beast of yucca flats before showing hot spell.

I believe this. that film aficionados are known by the films they select...and then proceed to run into the ground ad nauseum.

the great Christopher lee dies and what do they give us? the same often repeated cruddy Americanized Horror of Dracula instead of the 2012 BFI restored cut which would have been a far more befitting (and respectful) gesture to christopher lee's contribution to horror cinema. I bet that the deadheads at tcm DIDN'T EVEN THINK about getting the restored british cut. why?...

because despite their endless self-praising psalmetry they do not care! (about cinema!)

"there, I said it!" -mark Levin

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I'm just saying these tcm self-praising psalmers will show something awful like Roller Boogie but not the 2 films I mention above.

they could show hot spell but no these tcm people would praise something truly awful, probably THE worst film ever made behind the creeping terror, the beast of yucca flats before showing hot spell....

they would show excruciating marathons of both the creeping terror and the beast of yucca flats before showing hot spell. 

I believe this. that film aficionados are known by the films they select...and then proceed to run into the ground ad nauseum. 

the great Christopher lee dies and what do they give us? the same often repeated cruddy Americanized Horror of Dracula instead of the 2012 BFI restored cut which would have been a far more befitting (and respectful) gesture to christopher lee's contribution to horror cinema. I bet that the deadheads at tcm DIDN'T EVEN THINK about getting the restored british cut. why?...

because despite their endless self-praising psalmetry they do not care! (about cinema!)

"there, I said it!" -mark Levin

What are you calling for here?  A double dare for them to show Garbage Pail Kids marathon??http://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/forum-beatdeadhorse.gif

I was a bit surprised recently when I heard ML won the talkers award.  He is a bit wooden for my tastes.  It's one thing for the real work he has done, but this award was for his on-air self.  Nuff said.

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Self-praising Psalmers? Why would you call them that?

I guess I shoulda used the word hymn. tcm would sing hymns to themselves they would like. they make out like they're this great superb cinemaphiles despite loads of movies they are not showing.

has Shirley booth ever been SOTM despite only her small number of movies? I bet if she was tcm WOULD NOT procure hot spell to show.

they are too cheap and would consider it too much trouble. Topbilled, you're a smart guy. one of the top intellects on these boards. has the original british version of hammer studio's Dracula ever been shown over here?

one thing I know. it sure hasn't been shown on tcm. they laud themselves as great devotees of cinema but their conduct does not substantiate it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I guess I shoulda used the word hymn. tcm would sing hymns to themselves they would like. they make out like they're this great superb cinemaphiles despite loads of movies they are not showing.

has Shirley booth ever been SOTM despite only her small number of movies? I bet if she was tcm WOULD NOT procure hot spell to show.

they are too cheap and would consider it too much trouble. Topbillrd, you're a smart guy. one of the top intellects on this boards. has the original british version of hammer studio's Dracula ever been shown over here?

one thing I know. it sure hasn't been shown by tcm. they laud themselves as great devotees of cinema but their conduct does not substantiate it.

They'd get through Shirley Booth's films in an evening, but I get what you are saying-- they definitely are not showing enough Paramount films, which is where Booth was under contract to Hal Wallis in the 1950s.

I have great difficulty believing anyone requested they broadcast THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIE.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

They'd get through Shirley Booth's films in an evening, but I get what you are saying-- they definitely are not showing enough Paramount films, which is where Booth was under contract to Hal Wallis in the 1950s.

I have great difficulty believing anyone requested they broadcast THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIE.

or Roller Boogie.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

or Roller Boogie.

:lol:

Roller Boogie is a disco noir on wheels!

As an aside, I would take Roller Boogie over The Garbage Pail Kids Movie anyday.  I've always resented the Garbage Pail Kids for not having a character with my name.  They came out with one during the Garbage Pail Kids' brief renaissance; but by then it was too little, too late. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I have great difficulty believing anyone requested they broadcast THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIE.

Okay, OKAY, I admit it! I was the guy who requested The Garbage Pail Kids Movie be shown on TCM, and YEAH through use of proper channels, I got it DONE!

See Nip?! MAYBE if you'd just calm down a bit and use those "proper channels" like I did, you might get to see your precious little Shirley Booth in that damn Hot Spell flick on TCM, TOO!!!

(...now, what WERE those "proper channels" I'm talking about here?...well, let just say you have to know the right people who are good at placing a horse head in Ben Mankiewicz's bed, that's all)

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Dargo said:

Okay, OKAY, I admit it! I was the guy who requested The Garbage Pail Kids Movie be shown on TCM, and YEAH through use of proper channels, I got it DONE!

Ahh, so now we know who's to blame? :)

You must be the guy who's selling his Garbage Pail Kids trading cards for $19,000 on eBay.

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings