Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting “crossed-up”

JeanneCrain

A rose by any other name is still a rose. When I look at a person its not their clothes that I see. A girl in a man's outfit doesn't mean she has the inclination or the ability to knock me out with a punch; I don't step aside or let her elbow me out of the way. Similarly, a guy in a dress doesn't mean I call him 'miss' and offer to light his cigarette for him.

Is there any particular reason this forum seems focused on gender issues lately?

Cross-dressing might be comical to some, sexy to others, or both.

Ultimately it's one's right to express himself/herself that matters. There shouldn't be any judgment placed on it. 

But I have a feeling there might be some conservative-minded disapproval behind it which is what caused the thread to be created.

2 hours ago, Thenryb said:

Need emoticon for yawn.

Or even a decent eye-roll.

I've heard one critic mention the rule that bad drag (qv. Martin Lawrence) isn't funny, while good drag by someone who doesn't WANT to do it (qv. Jack Lemmon, Dustin Hoffman) is.

Probably because the former is either too misogynistic or too self-indulgent, while the latter is just one more comic obstacle for our protagonist.  Only straight guys can make drag funny, everything else is vanity.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings