Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
denniss

Trying to find a film name..

Hello. I'm trying to find the name of a film. It has a famous dramatic scene of an actress (famous star)  coming down a staircase and shooting a guy, maybe repeatedly. He was one of the main characters, I think, and he did something to drive her to kill him. Supposedly a famous scene in film noir.  I saw the scene in one of TCMs shows which showed a number of scenes from various films but missed the intro with the film name and actors/actresses..  Thanks in advance for any clues.

44 minutes ago, denniss said:

Hello. I'm trying to find the name of a film. It has a famous dramatic scene of an actress (famous star)  coming down a staircase and shooting a guy, maybe repeatedly. He was one of the main characters, I think, and he did something to drive her to kill him. Supposedly a famous scene in film noir.  I saw the scene in one of TCMs shows which showed a number of scenes from various films but missed the intro with the film name and actors/actresses..  Thanks in advance for any clues.

Was it DECEPTION (1946)..?

screen-shot-2018-12-02-at-10-32-13-am.pn

Was it the staircase to a verandah? If so, then, perhaps 'The Letter'?

bette-davis-the-letter.gif

I wish I could enlist Bette myself, with an aim and a steady hand like that...B)

Thanks much, Deception it was.. funny how the memory works.. I thought she was all in black and didn't remember the fur.  I also would have sworn it was Joan Crawford or Gene Tierney..  another item off my bucket list, thanks to you folks.  oh, btw, I remember The Letter, having seen it before I saw the snippet that led to my posting.

Also the auto notification is broke. I never received notices of replies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, denniss said:

Thanks much, Deception it was.. funny how the memory works.. I thought she was all in black and didn't remember the fur.  I also would have sworn it was Joan Crawford or Gene Tierney..  another item off my bucket list, thanks to you folks.  oh, btw, I remember The Letter, having seen it before I saw the snippet that led to my posting.

Glad to be of help. Welcome to the message boards.

12 hours ago, denniss said:

Check 'manage your account' and the 'notification settings' to make sure the 'button' is checked to receive them when users (like me now),  use the 'quote' feature to reply to one of your post.

Anyhow,  glad TB could help you out and Deception is one of better films Davis made for Warner Bros, but ending her contract.  Of course having Claude Rains in a leading role helped the film.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, denniss said:

Yeah, sometimes it doesn't work for me either. It's more of an on and off thing. There are a few technical bugs.