Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM's Christmas Promos (2018) - A wonderful (l) present!

yanceycravat

I mean ... maybe Durante is famous for a song like "S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous" or something and "wonderful" was spelled with two L's in that song title? And this is a super-hip, knowledgeable reference? Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt?

Or ... maybe it's just an awful mistake by a TCM employee who doesn't know how to spell ...

Hmmm...an extra 'L' here, huh Yancey?!

Sorry, can't do anything about it at this time.

(...ya see at the moment, I already have my hands full attempting to rid the English language of that darn superfluous letter 'U' that are in so many other words)

Funny you caught the typo! I absolutely believe it's just a mistake....c'mon, we ALL make mistakes.

One of the oddest misspellings I see is "Till" as a shortened version of "Until". The original word ends with one L, why would you add another L to abbreviate it? "Till" is a wholly different meaning. Should be: 'Til we meet again.

(that's what happens when you're an editor)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if the OP pic is a still from a movie or not, and in that case( and in consideration of the kind of characters Durante played) the misspelling could have been intentional.  But...

There's NO excuse for "BORGINE"!

If not, then it's a good abject lesson----

Be careful when you hire family.  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

I've been enjoying the new Christmas Promos for 2018.

Anyone else catch this typo? I'm surprised I saw it. Looks like a mistake I'd make!

Wonderfull Present.jpg

That's how "wonderful" a present it is, it's so wonderful it needed another L. 

😉

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings