Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Had Kevin Hart Hosted the Oscars Before?

sewhite2000

I honestly can't remember, which is maybe an indication of how little impact the Oscars have on me anymore. I'm sort of surprised nobody started a thread here about Hart's dismissal by the Academy after he was maybe the latest pick in history in terms of proximity to airtime. I thought maybe he was host last year? But I could just be hallucinating. He claims the Academy told him he would be fired unless he apologized for offensive tweets he made as many as seven years ago which were shoved back into everyone's face by vigilant Internet watchdogs who apparently had an agenda in getting him fired. He said nope, I've already apologized for those posts once. I'm not keep doing it for the rest of my life every time someone digs deep into the Internet to drag those tweets back up. And so, he's out.

Who was the host last year? Kimmel again?

40 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Who was the host last year? Kimmel again?

Yep, and he didn't "screw up".

As for Hart, you're probably confusing him with Chris Rock's two hosting gigs--The first a disaster, and the second not so bad, since he got to satirize the #OscarsSoWhite craze.

Which makes it ironic Oscar was completely willing to go with Eddie Murphy a few years ago. Murphy bowed out because his producer of choice was fired over sex scandals, but apparently no one at the Academy had any problem with Murphy himself, probably because being such a recluse these days, his appearance might have given them their best ratings in years. But go back and watch one of his comedy specials from the '80s or early '90s or listen to one of his albums! He certainly didn't have enlightened views about homosexuals, to put it kindly.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:55 PM, Sgt_Markoff said:

Kevin who? nvm

neverheard1600x1024.jpg.18e458e179aa6ca3

You're killing me, Sgt. since you are the H.L. Mencken of the board.

Speaking of Kevin Hart, anyone who must submit his name and everywhere he goes daily to the E-Channel to keep his face on screen isn't worth watching at any event. And no, I don't watch the E-Channel but everytime I flip past it all I see are reports on whatever worthless thing this Kevin Hart is doing. I'd rather have Mary Hartmann hosting the Oscars. Bring back Louise Lasser, unless she's dead of course and even then she'd be more amusing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bravo KingRat. That's the way. Snub them, cut them dead!

As the situation stands right now between me and most contemporary pop-celebrities, I don't even know what he looks like.

I dearly wish whoever-this-dude-is would pass me on the street sometime expecting my head to swivel around as he passes. Expecting me to raise a camera to capture his precious, priceless, majestic visage before he disappears from view.

Or better yet, I wish he would bump into me or stand next to me in an elevator and expect me to know him. I would really relish seeing the look on his face when he realizes his name doesn't even register with me in the slightest.

To help explain my attitude towards the fame-hungry, check out these articles. They're a typical incident which occurs routinely in my city these days.

https://tinyurl.com/yd63qr6g

https://tinyurl.com/yao3j8p8

https://tinyurl.com/y78nedgg

Quintessential New York news story.

Upscale clothier J. Crew was forced to hand down massive job cuts to its staff; and in one location this trendy scumbag (a vice-prez) himself delivered the bad news to 175 of his workers.

Afterwards, he takes himself and some sycophantic toadies (the ones he protected from the cuts) out for drinks at a local pub. Then he posts pics of himself and this group on social media, gloating and laughing at their fellow-employees who just suffered a layoff.

This is exactly the kind of two-legged vermin I wish I could drop a urine-filled water-balloon on.

Fortunately, his own hijinks created a backlash in which he himself got fired from his company. Hopefully he is working at a hot dog stand somewhere now.

• Thanks 2

On 12/13/2018 at 8:19 PM, kingrat said:

Sarge, you're not alone. I'd never heard of Kevin Hart. Apparently I haven't missed much.

Ask TikiSoo. I bet she could give you a rundown on all Kevin Hart's entertainment credits being quite knowledgeable about such "artist" related facts.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings