Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggest A Movie Section is Disappointing And Unbelievable!!!

Why do people keep routinely asking for movies that TCM just ran not only last week, but Last Night???!!! I am not kidding! Haven't they anything rarer to ask for? Why would you keep requesting something that was just on, and is aired frequently anyway????

*"Why do people keep routinely asking for movies that TCM just ran not only last week, but Last Night???!!!"* - gagman66

Because they went to the family Fourth Of July picnic or the local fireworks show and they forgot to set the DVR/VCR before leaving for the day?

It happens in the best of families.

Kyle In Hollywood

OK, wise man, how do you explain people suggesting movies five minutes before they actually air? It happens more than you can imagine.

Jeopardy think music plays...

patful,

I'm not talking about the Forth of July specifically. I mean virtually everyday there is someone asking for the same movie that was just on the night before. Generally it's a film in heavy rotation too.

I requested Two Weeks with Love and The Deadly Affair, both aired last year and this year. I don't know if the programmers were taking my suggestions personally into consideration but they did show them. However, I don't think I request anything unusual or rare, so who knows.

MissWatusi

I love December and early January, it seems a bit odd to make a holiday request during the seasonal showing.

Katrina

*"OK, wise man, how do you explain people suggesting movies five minutes before they actually air?"* - patful

Uhhhmm....They're the Canadians suffering the frequent TCM programming blackouts in the Great White North?

*Jeopardy think music plays...*

Stop It Pleeease!

Kyle In Hollywood

*I'm not talking about the Forth of July specifically.* - gagman66

I know, I was a daily visitor there (at least until the last few months) long before I joined the Message Boards. You can count on someone suggesting a recently-shown movie there even more than someone screaming "TCM is becoming AMC" here. :-)

> {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

> Two choices: they missed part of it for one reason or another, or they want to record it for posterity. If you think really positively, the former.

Actually, there is a third choice, which somehow seems to revolve around Marie Osmond.

*No, no, no! It's Donny and Donny alone! Please show Gulch .*

Pat,

You keep this behavior up and I'm gonna start thinking you're touched in the head.

Say it ain't so.

*Nah, just channeling an old ghost.*

A piece of advice, go do a seance with Harry Houdini and stop trying to raise *that* ghost. It's so much nicer when he's not haunting us.

*And I'm a little bit rock and roll, except for the Dolly Parton side of me.*

I probably have an evening gown you can borrow for that one.

Lynn,

I am confused? Is "Suggest a Movie " another comments board, or is it for film requests? Sure is hard to tell. One thing that would be a huge improvement. is if when one person requests a movie you could automatically second their request. rather than to having start up a new post up. They should seriously consider making this important change, or up-grade to the section.