Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help identify a film played on TCM in 2015-16

chuck.f.columbo

Hi, so I watched this film on TCM while a loved one was in the hospital a couple years ago and remember really enjoying it, but haven't been able to track it down since. I unfortunately don't remember much in super fine detail, but what I do recall is:
it was B&W, prob from the 40s, about a family getting back together. There was a Mother, a Sister, a Grandmother, a Brother who was into boxing somehow (betting or backing a fighter) & a drunk uncle who had come into some money. There was a scene where the Grandmother finds the uncle's liquor stashed in a bearskin rug's mouth. I thought Leo Gorcey was the brother, but i guess the guy in it just reminded me of him. 
Oh & I want to say the Family's last name was in the title "Meet the ___" or "The Fantastic ___".
Any help is appreciated. I wouldn't say its a "5 star" film, but I certainly enjoyed it enough to want to watch it again. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings