Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

3 color technicolor of dancing pirate not lost

For years I have had a horrible VHS version of a cine color version of the dancing pirate 1936. I felt that the technicolor version was gone forever. I just found out that in 2015 that a nitrate Technicolor print was found. Once it was cleaned up and converted into hi-def decision would be made the if it should be put on t.v. or Blu Ray and DVD. Since then nothing .what's the delay. Selfishness and greed .beucase of deregulations big and medium corporate distributor of classic films don't serve all classic film fans. Just the casual. They are the majority and don't want to equally serve the serious fans of film history, a large minority and fans of choices and variety, this means slowing there greedy profits rating down a bit. These distributors are selfish cause Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers are not in it. Whoever heard of Charle collins? Stefi Duno? r.k.o character actress. Then there are the copyrights fees. the music is copyrighted to Richard Rodgers and the hart estate.then the story is based on a novelette that is still copyrighted till 2025 .no this is just a guess I believe m.g.m legally borrowed the story from the film for 1947, 'The Pirate. The possible fee to be paid to time warner? A lower company is selling a black n white version cause the technicolor print would be too expensive for them to release.No body else what to touch this. It's like the film Mamba no one wants to touch it Greed and selfishness. This is Hollywoods legacy. 

Good morning! No news here. Just business as usual for imperialist lackey yellow running dog capitalist swine!! Next up sports/weather, and traffic on the two's :lol: