Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The mortal engine 3D distaster

28Silent

Well, AMC theater chain does still show 3d movies They were playing the IMAX 3D version and the real D 3d version. I wasn't ware the disaster that was about to happen. I went to see the real D 3D version of the film. When the theater announcer told the audience to put our glasses on, which I did, guess what? the 3D trailers were in 2d! yes, and all the jerks in the audience was looking at 2D with 3D glasses. I thought, maybe, when the feature came on it would double, the images. The image was also below the ratio of Panavision screen and dark. I ran to the manager and complained. He went to the projection booth and checked it. He came back down and told me it was corrected. When I went back into the theater not only was the image the size of the Panavision screen, but, it was doubled, but, as soon as I put the glasses on the polarized lens would not block the light it was still doubled. I went back I and complained to the manager .H e went back to the projection booth and checked.I waited and waited and waited. He finally came down and told me that the polaroid lens was broken. I was disappointed, but on the good news, he refunded me and the other audience members after the show the price of the ticket and well saw a free 2d show, since it was never shot in 3D, only converted. Because of the stress I had trouble enjoying the show. It's a thing like this that can kill 3D in theaters. If they had checked the projector the night before, after the theater closed, and had an emergency supply of polaroid filters, this problem would not happen the next day. If I was not there they would have never got their money back. The theater plans to reschedule the 3d  real D version coming this Monday 17 of 2018.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings