Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Michael Cohen comes clean

CA Dem politicians are pushing for changes to CA campaign finance laws that would give first time campaigners only letters instead of fines.  They are also looking to only allow fines instead of jail time for 'minor' offensives.

This was done because the 'wave' had a lot of newcomers (mostly women), and their campaigns had some violations. 

I wonder if these CA Dems believe Trump should be able to use the 'I didn't know better' excuse and only get a letter.   (yea,  this is a rhetorical question).

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

To quote Judge Milian....

I wouldn't believe you if your tongue came notarized.

20sws3r.jpg

How do you believe a liar who is hired by and paid by a liar to lie about the "Dirty Deeds" of the liar?

All that reminds me of the Fred Astaire song - -

"How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life?"

I guess I have to say Cohen must have tapes and other substantial and concrete evidence. LOL

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

How do you believe a liar who is hired by and paid by a liar to lie about the "Dirty Deeds" of the liar?

All that reminds me of the Fred Astaire song - -

"How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life?"

I guess I have to say Cohen must have tapes and other substantial and concrete evidence. LOL

On 12/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, jakeem said:

Lanny Davis drops bombshell hint at more Trump tapes: ‘Michael Cohen has corroborating evidence for everything’

ttps://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/lanny-davis-drops-bombshell-hint-trump-tapes-michael-cohen-corroborating-evidence-everything/

8expyyQB?format=jpg&name=600x314

Corroboration for collusion

Never heard of him. Must be something on 'Pay-Per-View' or 'Movies on Demand'

In his prepared statement before Congress Michael Cohen will confirm that Donald Trump was an active participant in a conspiracy with the Russians.

54 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Like....

MV5BMDNiNWViNjktMzY4MS00NTRkLWI1NTYtODRm

;)

On 12/17/2018 at 7:29 AM, Bogie56 said:

Michael Cohen Comes Clean

Right. Like anything could ever get that maggot clean.

He's no one to me. Chaucer, Rabelaise, Balzac--why aren't these names in the news?

14 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

In his prepared statement before Congress Michael Cohen will confirm that Donald Trump was an active participant in a conspiracy with the Russians.

I went back a took a peek at his past twitter feed.   Guy either completely lied all the time on Twitter or he is lying to Congress today....oh, and he's going to do 3 years in prison for....lying.   Guess the guys a liar no matter how you slice it.  If I were the Dems, I'd find a different guy to die with.

1 hour ago, Solafide said:

I went back a took a peek at his past twitter feed.   Guy either completely lied all the time on Twitter or he is lying to Congress today....oh, and he's going to do 3 years in prison for....lying.   Guess the guys a liar no matter how you slice it.  If I were the Dems, I'd find a different guy to die with.

The Dems didn't hire Cohen,  Trump did.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

He's no one to me. Chaucer, Rabelaise, Balzac--why aren't these names in the news?

I can understand why Rabelaise is not a name in the news. :)

Michael Cohen testifies before Congress

........"My loyalty to Mr. Trump has cost me everything — my family's happiness, my law license, my company, my livelihood, my honor, my reputation and soon my freedom," he said.

He warned what could happen if Trump loses the 2020 election.

"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

Trump's former fixer then spoke directly to Trump and blasted him from attacking those who speak out against him.

"You don't shut down the government before Christmas and New Years just to appease your base. This behavior is churlish, it denigrates the office of the president and it simply is un-American. And it's not you. So to those that support the President and his rhetoric as I once did, I pray the country doesn't make the same mistakes that I have made or pay the heavy price that my family and I are paying," Cohen said...........

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-testimony/index.html

• Like 1

The HillVerified account @thehill 29m29 minutes ago

Michael Cohen to Rep. Jim Jordan:

"Shame on you, Mr. Jordan. That's not what I said.

Shame on you. That's not what I said.

What I said is, I took responsibility and I take responsibility."

..... The back-and-forth began when Jordan accused Cohen of disputing the fact that he had committed the financial crimes that he pleaded guilty to committing after being charged by authorities in the Southern District of New York.

“We just had a five minute debate where Mr. Cohen disputes what the Southern District of New York found, what the judge found that he was actually guilty of committing bank fraud," Jordan said.

Cohen pushed back, saying he was merely trying to correct what GOP lawmaker Rep. James Comer (Ky.) had said in questioning him....... 

http://hill.cm/Jd16gpP

<_<

Laurence TribeVerified account @tribelaw 12h12 hours ago

: Here’s Cohen’s opening statement.

His existing sentence can only be lengthened, not shortened.

So he has nothing to gain by lying at this point and everything to lose by lying.

=============================================

Read: Michael Cohen's opening statement to Congress

"......I am ashamed of my weakness and misplaced loyalty -- of the things I did for Mr. Trump in an effort to protect and promote him.

I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump's illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.
I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.
He is a racist.
He is a conman.
He is a cheat.
He was a presidential candidate who knew that Roger Stone was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.
I will explain each in a few moments.
I am providing the Committee today with several documents.......

Mr. Trump knew of and directed the Trump Moscow negotiations throughout the campaign and lied about it. He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars on the Moscow real estate project.
And so I lied about it, too --
because Mr. Trump had made clear to me, through his personal statements to me that we both knew were false and through his lies to the country, that he wanted me to lie....

Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation -- only to market himself and to build his wealth and power. Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the "greatest infomercial in political history."

He never expected to win....

......asked whether Mr. Trump knew about the release of the hacked Democratic National Committee emails ahead of time.
The answer is yes. ......

Mr. Trump is a racist. The country has seen Mr. Trump court white supremacists and bigots. You have heard him call poorer countries "shitholes."
In private, he is even worse.
He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn't a "****." This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States.
While we were once driving through a struggling neighborhood in Chicago, he commented that only black people could live that way.
And, he told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid........

...the illegal hush money I paid on his behalf. This $35,000 check was one of 11 check installments that was paid throughout the year -- while he was President.

he President of the United States thus wrote a personal check for the payment of hush money as part of a criminal scheme to violate campaign finance laws.....

I also knew that nothing went on in Trump world, especially the campaign, without Mr. Trump's knowledge and approval. ....
Mr. Trump had frequently told me and others that his son Don Jr. had the worst judgment of anyone in the world.

And also, that Don Jr. would never set up any meeting of any significance alone -- and certainly not without checking with his father. .......
So, I concluded that Don Jr. was referring to that June 2016 Trump Tower meeting about dirt on
Hillary with the Russian representative when he walked behind his dad's desk that day
-- and that Mr. Trump knew that was the meeting Don Jr. was talking about when he said, "That's good...let me know.".........

by coming today, I have caused my family to be the target of personal, scurrilous attacks by the President and his lawyer -- trying to intimidate me from appearing before this panel. Mr. Trump called me a "rat" for choosing to tell the truth -- much like a mobster would do when one of his men decides to cooperate with the government.
As Exhibit 8 shows, I have provided the Committee with copies of Tweets that Mr. Trump posted, attacking me and my family
-- only someone burying his head in the sand would not recognize them for what they are: encouragement to someone to do harm to me and my family....."

• Thanks 2

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, Sgt_Markoff said:

he looks like robby benson on speed.

:lol:

Robert ReichVerified account @RBReich 18h18 hours ago

The testimony of Michael Cohen alone suggests the president could be guilty of:

—Conspiracy to defraud the United States.

—Lying to the DOJ & the Special Counsel.

—Campaign finance violations.

—Encouraging perjury.

—State & local tax fraud.

Let that sink in.  <_<

---------------------------------------------------

-w/GOP seemingly with no factual defense??