Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Michael Cohen comes clean

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Robert ReichVerified account @RBReich 18h18 hours ago

The testimony of Michael Cohen alone suggests the president could be guilty of:

—Conspiracy to defraud the United States.

—Lying to the DOJ & the Special Counsel.

—Campaign finance violations.

—Encouraging perjury.

—State & local tax fraud.

Let that sink in.  <_<

---------------------------------------------------

-w/GOP seemingly with no factual defense??

The defense doesn't have to prove their case;  the prosecutor does.

If there is collaborating evidence then the House should vote to impeach.   This would then put pressure on the GOP Senators.   If that collaborating evidence is clear,  my gut tells me they would vote to convict (or do like they did with Nixon,   get Trump to resign).

On 2/27/2019 at 2:46 PM, Solafide said:

I went back a took a peek at his past twitter feed.   Guy either completely lied all the time on Twitter or he is lying to Congress today....oh, and he's going to do 3 years in prison for....lying.   Guess the guys a liar no matter how you slice it.  If I were the Dems, I'd find a different guy to die with.

Most drug lords and mob bosses are brought to justice by testimony from liars and other drug dealers, mobsters, and crooks.  Anyone who has been on a jury in New York City knows that. Crooks "rat" on other crooks; often bigger fish.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The defense doesn't have to prove their case;  the prosecutor does.

If there is collaborating evidence then the House should vote to impeach.   This would then put pressure on the GOP Senators.   If that collaborating evidence is clear,  my gut tells me they would vote to convict (or do like they did with Nixon,   get Trump to resign).

It comes down to his word vs. Trump's word at this time. During the hearing, the GOP made it very clear they think Cohen is lying so that would be their defense. 

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Robert ReichVerified account @RBReich 18h18 hours ago

The testimony of Michael Cohen alone suggests the president could be guilty of:

—Conspiracy to defraud the United States.

—Lying to the DOJ & the Special Counsel.

—Campaign finance violations.

—Encouraging perjury.

—State & local tax fraud.

Let that sink in.  <_<

---------------------------------------------------

-w/GOP seemingly with no factual defense??

- Witness tampering and or obstructing an investigation

• Thanks 1

Ari MelberVerified account @AriMelber 20h20 hours ago

BREAKING: Michael Cohen's lawyer just provided us with the Feb. 2017 $70,000 check from Donald Trump to back up Cohen's House testimony.

This is a new check, different from the checks he provided the House last week. https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/cohen-lawyer-reveals-new-trump-hush-money-check-on-live-tv-1452002883860 

D02_QxlX4AACSsK.png
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

CNN has provided emails that suggest the President's legal team was sending messages to Michael Cohen effectively saying that a pardon was in the works if he kept his mouth shut.  The same day Tump tweeted that he did not think that recently arrested Cohen would turn against him and lie for prosecutors.

• 1 month later...

Jeffrey Tubin has an exclusive with Michael Cohen in this weekend's New Yorker.  Cohen is set to start a 3 year prison term on May 6.  All but one of his crimes was down to benefit Donald Trump - who gets to meet the Queen.  What a world.

• 6 months later...

Thanks to Mr6666 for the link to the Mueller notes released in the Freedom of Information Act ...

Michael Cohen "had to keep Trump out of the messaging related to Russia"

The documents reveal how Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal lawyer who spent years in his inner circle, worked through how to talk about issues related to Trump and Russia.

In preparation for his testimony to Congress, "Cohen's message had several components," according to notes of his FBI interview. "COHEN has to keep TRUMP out of the messaging related to Russia and keep TRUMP out of the Russia conversation."

Cohen told Congress in February that, “In his way, he was telling me to lie” about concealing negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to lying to Congress about when discussions related to the Trump Tower Moscow deal ended.

Relevant document on page 77:

sub-buzz-3841-1572710665-1.png?downsize=
DOJ

Cohen also "learned the message to have the Russia investigations end early from discussions with TRUMP, SEKULOW" and a third person who's name is redacted.

Relevant document on page 74:

sub-buzz-1701-1572714783-1.png?downsize=
DOJ
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

Michael Cohen’s attorney says Trump’s ex-lawyer allowed to leave prison due to pandemic

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former personal lawyer, reported to prison last year.

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former personal lawyer, reported to prison last year. (Jeenah Moon/Reuters)

By 
April 16, 2020 at 11:44 p.m. EDT

A lawyer for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal attorney, said Thursday that he had been informed by Cohen’s family that Cohen will be released to home confinement as part of the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ push to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Michael Avenatti was also released from prison due to C-19.

Other criminals convicted for NON-violence crimes are being released. 

Thanks.  I'll make a note in the 'Michael Avenatti For President' thread.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

Michael Cohen to be released from prison after judge sides with claims of retaliation

By Shayna Jacobs   Read more »

“I make the finding that the purpose of transferring Mr. Cohen from furlough and home confinement to jail is retaliatory, and it’s retaliatory because of his desire to exercise his First Amendment rights to publish a book and to discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and with others,” Hellerstein said in a scathing ruling issued Thursday morning.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Michael Cohen reveals his new memoir 'Disloyal' and says 'the true story' of being Trump's personal attorney is 'coming soon' - after AG Bill Barr tried to lock him up to stop it

• Michael Cohen's tell-all memoir about President Donald Trump is 'coming soon'
  • The president's former fixer previewed the cover of 'Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump' on Thursday
  • Cohen, Trump's former personal lawyer, was sent back to jail for two weeks by Attorney General Bill Barr for refusing to comply with a gag order on the book 
  • Cohen was released from jail last month after a judge ruled that he could talk to the media and release his book while serving out the rest of his sentence
  • Cohen served  one year of his three-year sentence for pleading guilty to campaign finance violations and lying to Congress 
  • He was released in May 2020 over concerns of coronavirus in U.S. prisons  

By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 

PUBLISHED: 12:38 EDT, 13 August 2020 | UPDATED: 16:35 EDT, 13 August 2020 

•  

31915106-8624293-image-a-2_1597335310439

43 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Michael Cohen reveals his new memoir 'Disloyal' and says 'the true story' of being Trump's personal attorney is 'coming soon' - after AG Bill Barr tried to lock him up to stop it

• Michael Cohen's tell-all memoir about President Donald Trump is 'coming soon'
  • The president's former fixer previewed the cover of 'Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump' on Thursday
  • Cohen, Trump's former personal lawyer, was sent back to jail for two weeks by Attorney General Bill Barr for refusing to comply with a gag order on the book 
  • Cohen was released from jail last month after a judge ruled that he could talk to the media and release his book while serving out the rest of his sentence
  • Cohen served  one year of his three-year sentence for pleading guilty to campaign finance violations and lying to Congress 
  • He was released in May 2020 over concerns of coronavirus in U.S. prisons  

By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 

PUBLISHED: 12:38 EDT, 13 August 2020 | UPDATED: 16:35 EDT, 13 August 2020 

•  

31915106-8624293-image-a-2_1597335310439

Isn't Cohen (or any lawyer),   prohibited from disclosing any private conversations between themselves and their client (Trump of course in this case)?

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Golden showers,

Fill your eyes.

I think the House should investigate this.  Call witnesses and televise it.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TomJH said:

Michael Cohen may have come clean but if there were golden showers it sure looks like someone else didn't.

There must be an investigation!

Call Stormy Daniels as the first witness!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I think the House should investigate this.  Call witnesses and televise it.

I agree. It would get much higher ratings than some of your House snoozefests.  By now any physical

evidence is gone of course. I don't think Stormy had anything to do with this. And now I'm reading

that Cohen hasn't quite implicated Donny personally. Golden showers come back another day.

7 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I agree. It would get much higher ratings than some of your House snoozefests.  By now any physical

evidence is gone of course. I don't think Stormy had anything to do with this. And now I'm reading

that Cohen hasn't quite implicated Donny personally. Golden showers come back another day.

All the better.  Who cares if Stormy isn't that relevant or even true.  If the dems had some good smut slingers on their side like Jim Jordan, Devon Nunez and Matt Gaetz they could make an entertaining spectacle out of a Stormy Daniels testimony and pepper everyone with questions like "So, when the President of the United States engaged in these golden shower ... parties ....."

11 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

All the better.  Who cares if Stormy isn't that relevant or even true.  If the dems had some good smut slingers on their side like Jim Jordan, Devon Nunez and Matt Gaetz they could make an entertaining spectacle out of a Stormy Daniels testimony and pepper everyone with questions like "So, when the President of the United States engaged in these golden shower ... parties ....."

That might influence a few independent voters, but for Trump voters it would be met with yawns.

And if Dems want to attack Donny, the truth of his actual deeds should be more than enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Cohen burned book manuscript to prevent leak by pro-Trump prison guards: report

BY ZACK BUDRYK - 08/24/20 03:59 PM EDT 380

•  
    Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal attorney, burned his original tell-all manuscript in prison for fear it would be confiscated by his guards, Vanity Fair reported Monday.

In April, as Cohen was about to be transferred to solitary confinement over a fight with another inmate, he was fearful correctional officers would leak the contents of the 500-page manuscript to the media, according to an account by the magazine.

Cohen also perceived the guards as overwhelmingly pro-Trump and was concerned they would also leak it to associates of the president. As the transfer occurred on the first night of Passover, Cohen burned the manuscript in the customary fire built for Jewish inmates to burn hametz, or leavened products.

Cohen’s wife, however, had access to a backup copy of the manuscript on a thumb drive, according to the magazine. The book, “Disloyal,” is set to be released in coming weeks.

“I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them,” Cohen wrote in a foreword posted online. “From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.”

Cohen earlier this year refused to waive his right to publish a book in exchange for compassionate release during the coronavirus pandemic. He was returned to prison but ordered released by a judge, who ruled the Bureau of Prisons’s clause violated his freedom of speech.

The former attorney is also engaged in a legal battle with the Trump Organization, which he has said pledged to pay his legal fees during former special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecution of him before backing out.

A judge on Thursday ruled Cohen can continue his case, Vanity Fair reported. Cohen, if allowed by the court, reportedly plans to seek depositions from the president’s eldest sons, Don Jr. and Eric, as well as his accountant Allen Weisselberg.