Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Michael Cohen comes clean

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Do we know who (e.g. what PAC),  is paying for these ads?      I ask because I highly doubt they will be effective.  

Why would someone that is still undecided take the advise of a convicted felon and  admitted fixer.

Now GOPers and those even thinking about voting for Trump might take advise from the many Trump contacts that are conflicted felons or have committed crimes (e.g. Flynn),  but I don't see any non GOPers \ independents doing so.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Do we know who (e.g. what PAC),  is paying for these ads?      I ask because I highly doubt they will be effective.  

Why would someone that is still undecided take the advise of a convicted felon and  admitted fixer.

Now GOPers and those even thinking about voting for Trump might take advise from the many Trump contacts that are conflicted felons or have committed crimes (e.g. Flynn),  but I don't see any non GOPers \ independents doing so.

I'm not going to argue with you about the effect on voters but for some it is a reminder of how Trump World is a criminal organization.  Michael Cohen is a convicted felon as you say only because he got caught up in that world and was then willing to lie to protect Donald Trump himself, AKA Individual One.

Trump supporters have to twist themselves into pretzels (which they are accustomed to doing) to disavow what Michael Cohen says because his lies and crimes were all in the aid of Donald Trump.  Trump bellows that Cohen is a convicted liar.  Yeah, well those lies were all about denying Donald Trump's involvement in criminal activity, etc.  So, if Trump says he is a liar then isn't he admitting to his own guilt?

I think it is rather a good reminder for everyone to see how far Trump supporters and the GOP will now go when it comes to ignoring his behaviour and crimes and to enable him.   This is the type of person America is putting forth to the world as their leader.

7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I'm not going to argue with you about the effect on voters but for some it is a reminder of how Trump World is a criminal organization.  Michael Cohen is a convicted felon as you say only because he got caught up in that world and was then willing to lie to protect Donald Trump himself, AKA Individual One.

Trump supporters have to twist themselves into pretzels (which they are accustomed to doing) to disavow what Michael Cohen says because his lies and crimes were all in the aid of Donald Trump.  Trump bellows that Cohen is a convicted liar.  Yeah, well those lies were all about denying Donald Trump's involvement in criminal activity, etc.  So, if Trump says he is a liar then isn't he admitting to his own guilt?

I think it is rather a good reminder for everyone to see how far Trump supporters and the GOP will now go when it comes to ignoring his behaviour and crimes and to enable him.   This is the type of person America is putting forth to the world as their leader.

So you don't have an opinion on the effect on voters such an ad would have?     Ok.

I agree with what you say here,  but to me all of the points support my point about little-to-no-effect (and this was a campaign ad, right,  and NOT a public-service-announcement).

Anyone that is still undecided that needs 'a reminder',  especially from one Trump's for-hire criminals,   must not care much about such activity. 

Otherwise,  they would be in my camp:  the anyone-but-Trump-for-President camp.

(BUT there could be one positive effect from these ads:   increased donations from anti-Trumper to the Biden campaign).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In new book, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen describes alleged episodes of racism and says president likes how Putin runs Russia

By Ashley Parker and Rosalind Helderman   Read more »

President Trump’s longtime lawyer and personal fixer, Michael Cohen, alleges in a new book that Trump made “overt and covert attempts to get Russia to interfere in the 2016 election” and that the future commander in chief was also well aware of Cohen’s hush-money payoff to adult-film star Stormy Daniels during that campaign. ....

Some Lonesome Rhodes moments from the Post story above ...

Cohen writes that before winning the presidency, Trump held a meeting at Trump Tower with prominent evangelical leaders, where they laid their hands on him in prayer. Afterward, Trump allegedly said: “Can you believe that bulls--t? Can you believe people believe that bulls--t?”

“The cosmic joke was that Trump convinced a vast swathe of working-class white folks in the Midwest that he cared about their well-being,” Cohen writes. “The truth was that he couldn’t care less.”

Cohen also depicts Trump as being crude toward women, including inadvertently commenting on Cohen’s then-15-year-old daughter as she finished up a tennis lesson: “Look at that piece of a--,” Trump said, according to Cohen. “I would love some of that.”

Michael Cohen received replies

U-ccrROv_bigger.jpg

Level 1:
100% accurate! was spot on and stated the obvious fact: I testified under oath and what I lied to Congress about was at the direction of and for the benefit of @amjoyshow@NBCNews Of course #WhiteHouse will attempt to discredit me.

• Like 1

qdSN9CC8_bigger.jpg

Media: to on 's comment on the book "Disloyal" out Tues from https://amzn.to/2F3OGl3 (affiliate link): "What McEnany leaves out: The reason Cohen lied was in defense of , to protect his boss."

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jameselliot said:

Michael is the Joe Valachi of the White House. 

Nope--

He's more like Svetlana Stalina--

She was the only daughter of the Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.;)

There's nothing like an eyewitness account of a dictator from close close-up.

ngIYFvDE_bigger.jpg

Scooplet: , President Trump's former longtime fixer who recently launched a weekly podcast called “Mea Culpa,” is interviewing fellow Trump exile Anthony for the second episode which will be released Monday. His podcast is #24 on Apple Podcasts.

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Cohen received a reply

U-ccrROv_bigger.jpg

On February 27, 2019, before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, I stated..."Given my experience working for , I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power.” #DISLOYAL WATCH:

CcNeqgyU?format=jpg&name=240x240

WATCH: Cohen says if Trump loses 2020 election, there won't be a...
In his closing remarks in Wednesday's House hearing, Michael Cohen said his loyalty to President Donald Trump has "cost me everything," including his job, hi...
youtube.com