Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have You Seen This Woman?

antoniacarlotta

After running into a burning building and saving thousands of dollars of unreleased films, Carl Laemmle offered Sarah Schwartz a role in any and every Universal film as long as she wanted it. She ultimately appeared (and screamed!) in more than 2000 films between 1918 and 1947 or so, including Dracula, Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Waterloo Bridge, and more. 

I just think this story is so cool. I'd love to start a thread where if anyone sees her pop up in their movie, they post about it in here or even post a picture of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, antoniacarlotta said:

After running into a burning building and saving thousands of dollars of unreleased films, Carl Laemmle offered Sarah Schwartz a role in any and every Universal film as long as she wanted it. She ultimately appeared (and screamed!) in more than 2000 films between 1918 and 1947 or so, including Dracula, Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Waterloo Bridge, and more. 

I just think this story is so cool. I'd love to start a thread where if anyone sees her pop up in their movie, they post about it in here or even post a picture of it!

Hey AC. You forgot to tell how while on her deathbed in '49, Sarah Schwartz also got the honchos at Universal to promise to bring her nephew Bernard out to Hollywood from the Bronx for a screen test!

What, surely you know how Tony Curtis got his start in the biz, don't ya?! ;)

(...sorry, couldn't resist, and of course just kidding...AND once again an enjoyable contribution to the boards here, young lady!)

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

Hey AC. You forgot to tell how while on her deathbed in '49, Sarah Schwartz also got the honchos at Universal to promise to bring her nephew Bernard out to Hollywood from the Bronx for a screen test!

What, surely you know how Tony Curtis got his start in the biz, don't ya?! ;)

(...sorry, couldn't resist, and of course just kidding...AND once again an enjoyable contribution to the boards here, young lady!)

Haha I thought you were serious at first! What a story that would have been. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings