Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ENTERTAINERS AND THE KENNEDY ADMINISTRATION

noah80

Sadly, neither of the photos you posted showed as well. 

Anyway, there are probably plenty of photos of Kennedy with entertainment celebrities as a lot of them supported and endorsed Kennedy as a candidate.  And after MARILYN MONROE at his birthday gathering, nobody CARES about any other images of entertainers who might have posedwith him!  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, noah80 said:

with Spencer Tracy

trace.jpg

The photo with Tracy obviously was taken 20 years before Kennedy was elected president. It appears that Tracy was filming the "Boys Town" sequel "Men of Boys Town," in which he again portrayed the real-life Father Flanagan. Kennedy was snapped autographing a copy of his first best-selling book, "Why England Slept," which focused on Britain's inability to prevent World War II.

MARION DAVIES was a major supporter of JFK and a long-time friend of Joseph P. Kennedy (at one time, a movie producer). JFK and Jackie spent part of their honeymoon in Davies' Beverly Hills mansion. Here is one of the last pictures taken of Davies, at an inaugural party with husband Horace Brown. In a last hurrah, Davies was determined to be at JFK's January inauguration. She died of cancer in September of that year.

1182097-640.jpganthropologist salary uk

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, noah80 said:

in case you didn't see it

stt.jpg

The Kennedy association with Hollywood goes way back.

And Jack Kennedy's father ,Joseph P. Kennedy, was a movie mogul from Silent pictures. At one time he owned Pathe in Hollywood, a studio which became RKO. 

I once went to a lecture given by Gloria Swanson at the Chicago Film Festival. Her Business and Personal relationship with Joseph Kennedy was well known. But what surprised me was that still she was embittered and wanted to talk about it.

So the Kennedys go way back with Showbiz people.

Does anybody have photos of them with Marlene Dietrich? That's a terrific story just before World War II.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

The photo with Tracy obviously was taken 20 years before Kennedy was elected president. It appears that Tracy was filming the "Boys Town" sequel "Men of Boys Town," in which he again portrayed the real-life Father Flanagan. Kennedy was snapped autographing a copy of his first best-selling book, "Why England Slept," which focused on Britain's inability to prevent World War II.

" Why England Slept"  was actually Jack Kennedy's graduating thesis from Harvard, which his father had published as a book.

Since Joseph P Kennedy was the Ambassador to the Court of St. James on the eve of World War II, Jack had a front row seat to European events leading up to World War II. Joe even sent him into the Third Reich for a while to do research.

23 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Warner Brothers star of TV's "Roaring 20s" and " The Alaskans".

And on the big screen, Milton Berle's wife in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

(...and who I always thought of as a slightly sexier Doris Day)

• Like 1

Judy Garland was one of Jack Kennedy's best friends.

She was the only woman at the head table of the Democratic Convention dinner, 1960 in Hollywood with all of the proposed nominees.

I Have a picture on my phone of her sitting of course next to Jack with Adlai Stevenson on her other side.

Maybe somebody else can put it on.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

The entire country was into Marilyn Monroe.

Or I should say the entire world. I can remember seeing a classic Japanese film by Ozu and an actress was imitating the way Marilyn Monroe walked.

Maybe, but not in the same way Jack and Bobby were, though not at the same time.

Enough of the tiresome airhead.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Kennedy association with Hollywood goes way back.

And Jack Kennedy's father ,Joseph P. Kennedy, was a movie mogul from Silent pictures. At one time he owned Pathe in Hollywood, a studio which became RKO. 

I once went to a lecture given by Gloria Swanson at the Chicago Film Festival. Her Business and Personal relationship with Joseph Kennedy was well known. But what surprised me was that still she was embittered and wanted to talk about it.

According to the historians (Cari Beauchamp, perhaps?), while Gloria Swanson was having an affair with Joseph P. Kennedy, she trusted him with her money for the supposed financing of pictures. Kennedy apparently cheated her out of some of her money. She had reason to be bitter, and it's good that she was willing to talk about it.

1 hour ago, kingrat said:

According to the historians (Cari Beauchamp, perhaps?), while Gloria Swanson was having an affair with Joseph P. Kennedy, she trusted him with her money for the supposed financing of pictures. Kennedy apparently cheated her out of some of her money. She had reason to be bitter, and it's good that she was willing to talk about it.

It was in thelate seventies and she was still venting.

But she was even more angry that she had been raped on her wedding night by her new husband  Wallace Beery and had been forced to undergo an abortion.

Then she ended up on a rant about water. Now that's something I could really relate to.

But we were really there to discuss her movies and her career in Cinema. So I never got to ask her that question about William Holden, darn it!

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Judy Garland was one of Jack Kennedy's best friends.

She was the only woman at the head table of the Democratic Convention dinner, 1960 in Hollywood with all of the proposed nominees.

I Have a picture on my phone of her sitting of course next to Jack with Adlai Stevenson on her other side.

Maybe somebody else can put it on.

Here ya go, Princess...

25.jpg

Taken at the then recently opened Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, and in my younger days remember going to many an event over the years, and which always seemed so coolly "Jetson/space age" in design.

(...its final event would be a 2016 Bruce Springsteen concert just before being demolished to make way for a new soccer stadium)

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings