Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sadly Neglected Performances by Children

I woll give my hats off to ANN CARTER, who was an integral part of the films CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE AND THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS.  Her promising career was cut short by a serious bout with Polio, which took years to recover.

She was truly a promising young actress that disease cut short her career.

image.jpeg.2cc4a768c01351fa32a916d976cfba83.jpegImage result for curse of the cat peopleImage result for curse of the cat people

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rayban said:

Jack Wild and Helen Raye in "The Flight of the Doves" -

af7c974d6bcc54b56fa0065be0a3002b.jpg

I am a big fan of Jack Wild, yet I never heard of this one.

Most know him for his Oscar nominated Dodger in "Oliver!" but I really love "Melody" which reunited him with his "Oliver!" co star Mark Lester. It is a touching and funny look at childhood friendships and first love, great soundtrack by The Bee Gees as well. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I am a big fan of Jack Wild, yet I never heard of this one.

Most know him for his Oscar nominated Dodger in "Oliver!" but I really love "Melody" which reunited him with his "Oliver!" co star Mark Lester. It is a touching and funny look at childhood friendships and first love, great soundtrack by The Bee Gees as well. 

I've never heard of "Melody".

But, believe me, "Flight of the Doves" is a fine film.

17 hours ago, rayban said:

I've never heard of "Melody".

But, believe me, "Flight of the Doves" is a fine film.

I just saw this on TCM on demand. It is very entertaining with a fine cast. It's sort of a whimsical Irish version of "Night Of The Hunter" with two kids being pursued by a villain for money. Ron Moody has a flashy role as the wicked uncle who uses disguises. There is a St Patrick's day parade that seems to be an homage to the "Who Will Buy" scene from "Oliver!". Jack Wild did a few more films in this period that I would like to see. There is the movie version of "Pufnstuf" (I already own the DVD of the TV show) and "The Pied Piper" featuring Scottish folksinger Donovan in the title role. 

2 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I just saw this on TCM on demand. It is very entertaining with a fine cast. It's sort of a whimsical Irish version of "Night Of The Hunter" with two kids being pursued by a villain for money. Ron Moody has a flashy role as the wicked uncle who uses disguises. There is a St Patrick's day parade that seems to be an homage to the "Who Will Buy" scene from "Oliver!". Jack Wild did a few more films in this period that I would like to see. There is the movie version of "Pufnstuf" (I already own the DVD of the TV show) and "The Pied Piper" featuring Scottish folksinger Donovan in the title role. 

Yes, I remember watching "Pufnstuf" on Saturday mornings.

How did you find the DVD set?

"The Pied Piper" with Donovan, is a very interesting film.

It was directed by the man who gave us "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg".

I am so glad that you enjoyed "Flight of the Doves".

I'd like to read the book.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, rayban said:

Ronnie Raymond as Alexander in "Murder She Said" -

73d018f02aa5f82f711073b4239e0464.jpg

It's a sensational performance from such a young child - very assured and very stylish.

He should have been given co-starring billing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Stockwell in "Kim" (1950)

51EcAGPM4yL._SY445_.jpg

Playing a teen-aged James Bond, opposite to none other than Errol Flynn (who was sadly obviously already in decline, both physically and professionally), young Master Stockwell steals the show but received no awards. He reminded me of the Artful Dodger is in Oliver Twist.

Trivia: years later Stockwell was quoted as saying: "I didn't know anything about sex or what manhood was - and he opened that door for me."

All I can say is - who better than the 'Tasmanian Devil' himself?! 😈

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I just saw Our Mother's House this afternoon, and that film is full of fascinating juvenile performances.

The children are memorable.

• Like 1