Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

unsung uncredited screen appearances

NipkowDisc

last nite I watched The Prisoner of Second Avenue on my 7" Sylvania DVD player and caught something I never noticed before.

we all know the beginning of the movie. mel misses his bus and gives a short slapstick run to catch up to it, gets on and the bus driver wants exact change only so mel takes an unpleasant hot cab ride to his job. well, as he is entering the building where he works I noticed that entering first right in front of him is this hot young babe wearing bellbottomed slacks and a skimpy green halter top and she looked hot and not just because of the oppressive summer heat wave. an actress I thought or perhaps a pedestrian bystander they used for the shoot?

:D

looking at IMDb about this movie I see they made a mistake. says the director was Melvin frank. wrong. the director was Gene Saks who played mel's brother Harry.

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

looking at IMDB about this movie I see they made a mistake. says the director was Melvin frank. wrong. the director was Gene Saks who played mel's brother Harry.

Wikipedia also lists Melvin Frank as the director.

Gene Saks only acted in the film. He directed The Odd Couple, though.

11 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Wikipedia also lists Melvin Frank as the director.

Gene Saks only acted in the film. He directed The Odd Couple, though.

you're absolutely right. credits say produced and directed by Melvin frank...

but I still gotta good point about the babe in the slacks and green halter top.

59 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I noticed that entering first right in front of him is this hot young babe wearing bellbottomed slacks and a skimpy green halter top and she looked hot and not just because of the oppressive summer heat wave. an actress I thought or perhaps a pedestrian bystander they used for the shoot?

I believe that was Agnes Moorehead.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

what a masculine persona for teenagers...

a real man's man type of kid.

:lol:

But did the kid grow up in a way you approve????

E.g. (from Wiki):   He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election[76] and opposed Proposition 8, calling it "nothing but hate and discrimination".[77]

11 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

But did the kid grow up in a way you approve????

E.g. (from Wiki):   He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election[76] and opposed Proposition 8, calling it "nothing but hate and discrimination".[77]

Uhhhh... I think his "masculine persona" comment was supposed to be sarcastic or facetious, James. 

When Darren McGavin decided not to ask for a credit in The Natural, even though he played a substantial role, he started a mini-trend of uncredited actors, if memory serves. Apparently because McGavin's billing would have been so low, he decided he'd rather be uncredited.

Then there are all the surprise guest appearances, like Bruce Willis in Ocean's Twelve, which also became a mini-trend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Uhhhh... I think his "masculine persona" comment was supposed to be sarcastic or facetious, James.

Well, sure it was, but it was also meant to be demeaning and derisive, IMO. Being masculine is not necessarily something a male teenager has to strive for anymore and should not be made to feel shame for not attaining someone else's standard of masculinity. Par for the course for these message boards, though.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

cBut did the kid grow up in a way you approve????

I no nothing about wil wheaton but his character wesley crusher seemed like a real momma's boy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 2:02 PM, NipkowDisc said:

On 12/24/2018 at 2:02 PM, NipkowDisc said:

That babe is probably wearing her green halter top now in the nursing home she lives in. Give it up!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings