Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hamradio

The Predator should had taken a different plot route.

The rogue predator came here to help man fight his race that is getting out of control.  Can't understand why the producer took a confusing, stupid direction that doesn't make sense.  The rogue predator attacked and killed just about everyone he came across. After waking up in the lab, he was intelligent enough to know no harm was done to him and was still alive.

This alternative "helping the humans" scene that was snubbed would had made for a much better movie. He is using human weapons along what little he didn't left behind so they can be backed engineered.

IMG_20170514_113104.jpg

latest?cb=20181018231601

Edited by hamradio
Typo

5 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

None of it makes any sense to me

In that a Yautja can be a traitor or an autistic kid is DNA improvement for them? :D

Oh--let me make haste to clarify that my remark doesn't reflect on your posting about the movie. Just that the flick itself, the concepts in it, the storyline...I never understood it. I read your post 5-6 times and I admire your enthusiasm for the film, but its still over my head. :( Good luck to your alternate version nonetheless!

7 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Oh--let me make haste to clarify that my remark doesn't reflect on your posting about the movie. Just that the flick itself, the concepts in it, the storyline...I never understood it. I read your post 5-6 times and I admire your enthusiasm for the film, but its still over my head. :( Good luck to your alternate version nonetheless!

It's easy to understand in when one (predator) wants to help someone, winds up killing the one's he's helping. :wacko:

I'm here to give you a gift, now die. :blink:

5b3530e5e3af0.jpg?quality=80&w=970

19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

rouge is the French word for red. do you mean rogue?

:D

AH! And so here we have yet ANOTHER case of the dreaded superfluous letter 'u', EH?!

And so I ask, is there REALLY any good reason the word "rogue" CAN'T just be spelled "ROGE"???

(...and as I continue on with my never ending quest to rid the English language of that oh so needless letter in some words, I now leave you)

;)

16 minutes ago, Dargo said:

AH! And so here we have yet ANOTHER case of the dreaded superfluous letter 'u', EH?!

And so I ask, is there REALLY any good reason the word "rogue" CAN'T just be spelled "ROGE"???

(...and as I continue on with my never ending quest to rid the English language of that oh so needless letter in some words, I now leave you)

;)

I always wondered since elementary school, why in the world is there a in pneumonia? :huh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I always wondered since elementary school, why in the world is there a in pneumonia? :huh:

It's from the Greek pneumon, which means "lung".

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

AH! Now, I might not have mentioned this before to you ham ol' boy, BUT my very NEXT lexicological quest in life IS gonna be looking into all those superfluous letter 'P's in the dictionary TOO!

(...and so if you can just hold on for a few more years and after I've resolved this whole unfortunate 'u' thing........)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

So the Greeks pronounce it P - neumon? :huh:

It's the way someone decided that the Greek word should be spelled using our alphabet. There are hundreds of words that have silent letters in them. I'm not a philologist so I can't go too deeply into the reasoning.

5 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

It's the way someone decided that the Greek word should be spelled using our alphabet. There are hundreds of words that have silent letters in them. I'm not a philologist so I can't go too deeply into the reasoning.

No Lawrence, I didn't think you hailed from the City of Brotherly Love.

(...I always placed your location more around the Midwest somewhere...maybe Ohio)

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

No Lawrence, I didn't think you hailed from the City of Brotherly Love.

(...I always placed your location more around the Midwest somewhere...maybe Ohio)

The Nexus of All Realities is located near the intersection of Interstate-10 and Interstate-75 in North Central Florida, behind the old Dairy Queen.

15 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

The Nexus of All Realities is located near the intersection of Interstate-10 and Interstate-75 in North Central Florida, behind the old Dairy Queen.

Oh, THAT'S right! Yeah, I think I remember you mentioning Florida before, come to think of it.

(...so, how are your chads hangin' lately down there, dude?)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Oh, THAT'S right! Yeah, I think I remember you mentioning Florida before, come to think of it.

(...so, how are your chads hangin' down there lately, dude?)

Who could ever forget this guy! :lol:

voting-chads.jpeg?fit=450,363

Counting-Chads.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hamradio said:

For the same reason Judy Holliday wanted to see Mr. Puh-fifer in It Should Happen To You.

18 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

The Greeks pronounced the initial p.  The French still do (the French word for tire (n) is "pneu", and they pronounce it "puh-NUH".  So I guess the Romans did too.  Those silent initial p's and k's in English were pronounced up until a few centuries ago.

And Predator should have been a screwball comedy, anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, karlofffan said:

The Greeks pronounced the initial p.  The French still do (the French word for tire (n) is "pneu", and they pronounce it "puh-NUH".  So I guess the Romans did too.  Those silent initial p's and k's in English were pronounced up until a few centuries ago.

And Predator should have been a screwball comedy, anyway.

The scene when he used a severed hand to give the thumbs up to the military truck driver was a riot. :lol:

I've hated these predator movies since the first one. they pit American fighting men against an overwhelmingly unstoppable alien monster who can beat the sheet outta humans. I hate that.

how about something more titillating like predator meets Ginormica?

22 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I've hated these predator movies since the first one. they pit American fighting men against an overwhelmingly unstoppable alien monster who can beat the sheet outta humans. I ate that.

how about something more titillating like predator meets Ginormica?

Predator vs whatever those skulls were from. :o

(the one in the middle above the human skull is a Xenomorph so that's already done)

?format=750w