Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shannon

MY STILL SOMEWHAT EARLY PREDUIX OF THE 2018 OSCAR NOMINEES-(SAVE & COMPARE???)

(*-as usual only denotes early likely frontrunner for final victory) (STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE-(like the racetrack or Vegas,etc) until & days prior to the official noms be be announced Tuesday January 22nd, 2018)

(SAVE & COMPARE, FOR NOW UNTIL THAT above deadline)>   WHO & WHAT WILL POSSIBLY BE IN THE GOLDEN RACE FOR THE 91st ANNUAL ACADEMY (AMPAS) AWARDS

BEST PICTURE-(& once again will be 8 to 10 contenders?): I DON';T CARE WHAT MOST SAY, I STILL PREFER JUST THE TOP FIVE MYSELF!     (& as usual indicates likely leader *)???

"BLACKKKLANSMAN"

"BLACK PANTHER" (strong ***out of four & is currently the #3rd biggest $hit$ ever!)-(over $700m. domestically)

"BOHEMIAN RHAPSOIDY"

"THE FAVOURITE"-(9 noms projected)

"FIRST MAN"

"GREEN BOOK" (***)

"MARY POPPINS: RETURNS"-(after "The Mule" I'll check this out)

***ROMA"

"A STAR IS BORN"-(projected to lead field w/,most overall w/9 to 10?) (***) (almost made $200m.)

&  "VICE"

BEST ACTOR???:

*CHRISTIAN BALE in  "Vice"-(possible BLOW-OUT!) & would be his 2nd win after s. actor for "The Fighter") (P.S. who knew this was the 12yr old kid from *Spielberg's 1987 "Empire of the Sun, huh)

BRADLEY COOPER, "A Star is Born"

ETHAN HAWKE in "First, Reformed"-(won both LA & NY Critics)

RAMI MALEK in "Bohemenian Rhapsody"

&  VIGGO MORTENSEN, "Green Book"

BEST ACTRESS???:

YALITA APRACIA in "Roma"

EMILY BLUNT, "Mary Poppins; Returns"

*GLENN CLOSE in "The Wife"-(her 7th shot!!!)

OLIVIA COMAN , "The Favourite"=(any other yr she'd take it!)

&  LADY GA GA in "A Star is Born"-(AN ASIDE & I HATE IT, BUT IT'S TRUE A superior actress then my ":Queen")

S. ACTOIR???:

*MARHERSHELA ALI in "Green Book"-(just won 2 years ago though?)

*TIMOTHY CHALAMET, "Beautuiful Boy"-(also up for "GOLDEN BOY" last year)

SAM ELLIOTT,  "A Star is Born"

*RICHARD E. GRANT, "Can You Ever Forgive Me? 

&  SAM ROCKWELL in "Vice"

S. ACTRESS???:

*AMY ADAMS in "Vice"-(will indicate her 6th attempt)

*REGINA KING, "If Beale Street Could Talk"

EMMA STONE in "The Favourite" & RACHEL WEISZ in "The Favourite"

&  NICOLE KIDMAN in "Boy, Erased"

& BEST DIRECTOR???:

DAMIEN CHAZELLE for "First Man"

BRADLEY COOPER for "A Star is Born"

*ALFONSO CURAN for "Roma")(A BLOW OUT!!!)

YORGOS LANTHIMOUS, "The Favorite" & ADAM McKAY for  "Vice"

WRELP, there it is & again rush any & all views of your own

THANK YOU & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

(P.S. who do you TCM-ITES personally think should hoist the 91st Annuak *(AMNPAS) Awards? My vote BOB lHOPE-(l903-2003)  No kiddin' he by far holds the reckird though they were MC's & not epic hosts back then Bob hosted (15 to 217 incredible years!!!)om 

& questions to all-(Top billed, LawrenceA & Akeem, exactly what yr did *SINATRA do them??? I should know, I have 100's of book s & literature on him, just didn't feel like checking themout at present, but also gives you folks a shot at it  THINK IT WAs fOR 1966 & he gave HOLLYWOOD a lecture, right?yjoimnl deserved ti hoist this year soorets fans???

ALL SITES, MAGS, ONLINE, BOOKS ALMOST DEMAND BILLY Back. He sways it's just to exhausting though in our era

WOW SPORTS FANS! NO TAKERS HERE,   WHY NOT???

Only wanted you fans to give own nominee forecasting, what happened?

My theory is, majority of my fellow TCM-ITES don't go to many new releases & still read everything movie released, so whats the problem (EXAMPLE: To date the only seen about 1/2 out of the past 8 BP contenders, but still adore/love to predict anyway & again, by no means my personal favs of said year!  SCORING 21 for 24 on winners last year)  which are much easier then forecasting the nods of curse

Out of curiosity, why do you think Mary Poppins Returns has a chance?  Neither of us have seen it, and it's not getting a lot of critical love.

I can't begin to even FATHOM ...why anyone is ever ...even talking about a current Oscar race ...on a classic movie website! What in the name of Sam Hill...?

wazzup.jpg

2 hours ago, skimpole said:

Out of curiosity, why do you think Mary Poppins Returns has a chance?  Neither of us have seen it, and it's not getting a lot of critical love.

It's been getting a lot of love in the industry from all reports, and its not as though mixed reviews have stopped some films from nods before. (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close managed two nominations including Picture in 2011 despite generally unfavorable reviews)

1 hour ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

I can't begin to even FATHOM ...why anyone is ever ...even talking about a current Oscar race ...on a classic movie website! What in the name of Sam Hill...?

wazzup.jpg

For the exact same reason why people who are on modern film websites bring up classic films, because it adds a little something to the proceedings and most here watch a mix of old and new (although we generally prefer the old). But there still are some very eloquent films being made, and some always appear at the Oscars, even if some films miss the mark. I'm not into special effects extravaganzas, I'm mostly into quiet dramas and humane comedies (although I do have a soft spot for family films, so I guess I do see some special effects films). And although they aren't as easy to find anymore, they still make them. And they make a nice little switch every now and then. But I always go back to the classics.