Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In Memoriam: Those we lost in 2018

We have lost many talented and beloved stars, producers, editors and directors of screen and beyond.

From the father of Fraser Crane (John Mahoney) to the first big screen Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). 

From the producer Martin Bregman (close friend of Al Pacino) to Marvel's legendary creator Stan Lee.

Those from Japanese cinema to Italian cinema.

They may be gone but not forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ewT7_NrGwM

• Thanks 2

Here's the annual year-end review by CBS Sunday Morning of people -- great and small -- who left us during the past 365 days. The "Hail and Farewell" segment clocks in at just over 20 minutes -- but it never fails to surprise me with some departures I hadn't heard about.

• Thanks 3

On 12/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, ClassicMovies_fan_chick said:

We have lost many talented and beloved stars, producers, editors and directors of screen and beyond.

From the father of Fraser Crane (John Mahoney) to the first big screen Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). 

From the producer Martin Bregman (close friend of Al Pacino) to Marvel's legendary creator Stan Lee.

Those from Japanese cinema to Italian cinema.

They may be gone but not forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ewT7_NrGwM

Martin   Bregman produced "Scarface" for Al. Next to "Dog Day" I think it's my favorite Pacino movie.

John Mahoney was the best thing in "Frazier". And he was a real Chicago actor who never forgot his roots and always went back to the theater there.

13 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This is just a general query:

Does the music always suck on these " TCM Remembrances"?

Is it that they can't afford anything better or are they trying to be trendy?

I hadn't paid attention before, is it always this bad?

Always.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings