Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you knew that civilization was collapsing, what movies would you save?

On 9/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Grand Illusion is a good choice.      Hey is that Dexter Gordon in your avatar photo?  

One of my favorites.

Yep! Thanks. Good selection. 

Andrei Rublev and Seven Samurai are runners up. 🙂

5 minutes ago, ando said:

Yep! Thanks. Good selection. 

Andrei Rublev and Seven Samurai are runners up. 🙂

Something Different is my favorite Dexter Gordon album because he used a guitarist instead of a pianist like he usually did.

Never saw Gordon live,  since he didn't come to the states that often and when he did it was mostly just NYC,  and I'm in CA.

While I enjoy many sax players I find Gordon to be the most "balanced" (i.e. he can burn it up but is always melodic and soulful and that isn't always the case with bebop players).

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Something Different is my favorite Dexter Gordon album because he used a guitarist instead of a pianist like he usually did.

Never saw Gordon live,  since he didn't come to the states that often and when he did it was mostly just NYC,  and I'm in CA.

While I enjoy many sax players I find Gordon to be the most "balanced" (i.e. he can burn it up but is always melodic and soulful and that isn't always the case with bebop players).

Quite. And I like habit he had of reciting the first verse and/or chorus of the song he was about to perform as a proper intro.  Almost no dude on horn did that. 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...