Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elizabeth Warren Pres. Candidacy.....

The GOP Senate is responsible for there being no witnesses, not Roberts, so it has nothing to do

with the legitimacy of the Supreme Court.

• Thanks 1
On 7/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, TheCid said:

I said the same thing about Donald Trump.  However, I don't believe Warren is a viable candidate to defeat Trump.  However, I do not think in Warren's case it has anything to do with "Not enough intelligent people in America..."  A lot of very intelligent people do not like Warren or her proposed policies.

Wow.  Wow.  I am impressed. 

• Like 1
On 1/21/2020 at 10:55 AM, Bogie56 said:

I think one could be of the opinion that a woman could not beat Trump and not be sexist.  It may be a sad remark but perhaps that is what some people might think in this climate.  So, even if Warren heard Sanders say that I'm not sure that even she would think that he is sexist.  Maybe more like a man with no imagination.

Clinton beat Trump by 3 million votes and she was toxic.

Couldn't agree more, and I voted for her. 

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Fascinating dynamic at Shaheen Dinner:
Warren supporters cheering for every candidate,
standing for Buttigieg, Biden, and Klobuchar.

Sanders camp sits silently.

Reminder: after this, there must be unity.
:unsure:

And people think the Sanders camp will vote for any Democrat other than Sanders?  Keep dreaming.

"$756 billion in Medicare cuts

$920 billion in Medicaid cuts

$24 billion in Social Security cuts

Trump wants to take money out of your pockets so there's more for his rich buddies. We are building a grassroots movement to stop him."

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Looks like Warren is going to end up in 4th place with about 1\3 of the votes to what the other progressive,  Sanders,  receives. 

Biden did even worst.    These two should drop out ASAP.

As of 11 PM, appears that Sanders will be a couple of points ahead of Buttigieg and Klobuchar will come in a respectable third.  Everybody else might as well pack it in.

Biden is in S.C. making speeches about "99.8%" of Hispanics and blacks have not voted yet.  Seems he is pinning most of his hope on S.C where about 2/3's of Dem primary voters are black.  BUT,  S.C. is overwhelmingly Republican so a win for him here is not really all that representative nationally.

This fight to save our democracy is an uphill battle. But our campaign is built for the long haul, and we are just getting started.

We have the hope that comes with dreaming big—and the courage to fight for the big, structural change we need.

I think Warren is done.  She should have done much, much better in NH.  She will probably do poorly in NV and SC.  Then that leaves Super Tuesday.

...... Elizabeth Warren created an entire government agency dedicated to stopping corruption by the rich.

She’s the only one who wanted to prosecute the big banks after the subprime collapse

and is the only one promising to prosecute Trump’s criminal ****.

She is a smart as hell, tough, results-oriented bad-**** with an undying commitment to a GOOD GOVERNMENT which works FOR THE PEOPLE, protecting us from deeply-entrenched, corrupt, financial interests.

"We need someone who got into politics for the right reasons, someone smart who wanted to stop financial corruption.
Also someone who defeated an incumbent Republican."

"Elizabeth Warren did all those things" "

Hmmm...I don't know. There's just SOMETHING I don't like about HER."

:rolleyes:

Warren lies.  Watched part of the CNN Town Hall with Warren last night.  She was pointedly asked why she now has a super pac supporting her since she has always said she would never.  She did NOT answer the question.  Instead, she shook her head, waved her homes and pontificating about how bad super pacs are and why we need to get rid of the them.  The moderator let her get away with it.

The correct response would have been:  Well we tried, but when you are in a gun fight, you have to bring a gun.  Have to play politics the way it is, not how we want it to be.

9 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Warren lies.  Watched part of the CNN Town Hall with Warren last night.  She was pointedly asked why she now has a super pac supporting her since she has always said she would never.  She did NOT answer the question.  Instead, she shook her head, waved her homes and pontificating about how bad super pacs are and why we need to get rid of the them.  The moderator let her get away with it.

The correct response would have been:  Well we tried, but when you are in a gun fight, you have to bring a gun.  Have to play politics the way it is, not how we want it to be.

Regarding your last point, I agree and so why are they throwing stones at Bloomberg?   The money issue is just a matter of degree.  They all need it and the GOP will have a billion dollars at their disposal for the re-election.

Regarding, Warren's flip-flop: She has risen above political correctness.  :lol:

Elizabeth Warren's quiet campaign against Bernie Sanders

.........Democratic voters "are nervous about a narrow vision that just doesn't speak to the Americans who see real problems and want to see real change," Warren said, addressing her centrist rivals, before turning to Sanders. "But they are also worried about gambling on a revolution that won't bring along a majority of this country."

"I am a Democrat, through and through," she said. "I speak to all parts of our party and with things like the wealth tax, speak to independents and Republicans."........

Warren is fighting to recapture the excitement that animated her campaign late last summer and into the fall. Since then, Warren has sought to make the case, in often stark terms, that she is the only Democratic candidate who can being together a fractured and factional party before November........

• Like 1

Maybe it will take a woman to beat Trump-

........“I’d like to talk about who we are running against,” she said. “A billionaire who calls women ‘fat broads’ and ‘horse-faced lesbians.’ And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.” Within minutes, she had dismissed former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg as a morally challenged sexist.

The foreclosure crisis, the one Bloomberg falsely blamed on the end of the racially discriminatory practice of redlining? Warren talked about the human cost: “When Mayor Bloomberg was busy blaming African Americans and Latinos for the housing crash of 2008, I was right here in Las Vegas ... holding hearings on the banks that were taking away homes from millions of families,” she reminded the audience.

Her ultra-millionaire tax, and fewer breaks for the wealthy overall? “Do we want to invest in Mr. Bloomberg?” Warren asked. “Or do we want to invest in an entire generation of young students?”.......

She also schooled the other candidates, telling Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) he was responsible for the behavior of his supporters on Twitter and cooling down the increasingly nasty contretemps between former South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.). “This is not right,” she told Buttigieg.

This is not right. Those are words for the Trump era. The children separated from their parents at the border, the grotesque personal corruption of Trump, the financial cruelties inflicted on those in need — none of those are right.

Warren being the one to say so, shows what else we might have gotten wrong. ..........

But Warren emerged as the victor of Wednesday’s debate, in part by taking full advantage of the particular type of moral authority we permit women — especially women of a certain age — to show in our society, She took that force and turned it on Bloomberg — an obvious stand-in for Trump — with devastating effectiveness. Yes, it’s anger, but it’s something more than that. .........

Warren, of course, made her reputation in the run-up to the crisis and afterward. She took on elite impunity with a unique force. Warren famously said she would leave “blood and teeth” on the floor in the struggle to set up the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and after getting elected to Congress took on a rogues’ gallery of banking miscreants. She told Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf, “You should be fired” — and within less than two weeks, he left his post........

........it is also true that middle-aged and older women have powered the opposition to Trump, from the first Women’s March onward. They are standing up and doing what is right, taking on the power centers in both parties to effect change. They are angered by his violations of political and social norms. That was the Elizabeth Warren on the debate stage Wednesday night — claiming the mantle of moral authority, using her wisdom and knowledge to set a new standard.

......Maybe the person most likely to take out Trump is a woman, fueled by a bone-deep knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. Maybe Warren is more likely to win than anyone thinks."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/21/maybe-it-will-take-woman-beat-trump/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

:unsure: