• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Elizabeth Warren Pres. Candidacy.....

3 hours ago, darkblue said:

I'll think about it for him.

Trump was not a fake Indian. So I don't see any comparison at all.

You're really reaching on that one, james. She has zero chance of becoming President.

Zero.

I assume the other poster related the title of this thread to Trump because it is called Warren's Pres Candidacy.

Thus if back in 2015 \ 16 it was called Trump's Pres Candidacy,  that would be comical to many since most people (even those that liked Trump),  were not predicting he would win.    I.e. many felt Trump had zero chance.

If I recall correctly you were an exception back then in predicting Trump would win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume the other poster related the title of this thread to Trump because it is called Warren's Pres Candidacy.

Thus if back in 2015 \ 16 it was called Trump's Pres Candidacy,  that would be comical to many since most people (even those that liked Trump),  were not predicting he would win.    I.e. many felt Trump had zero chance.

If I recall correctly you were an exception back then in predicting Trump would win.

He was a Bernie Sanders lover - supposedly.  You would think then that he might support someone like Warren, but no.  Swithin was right.  For him, it was not about policy all along.  It's always been about trolling the establishment which is why he thinks Trump is his guy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dargo said:

Wow! Now THAT must be one rare photo shot of the fat-assed AND fat-headed current POTUS!

(...'cause for THAT SOB to be shown "crying" has GOT to be as rare an occurrence as it would be for him to actually admit he might be WRONG about something and/or apologizing about some stupid thought that he's blurted out of his pie-hole and/or sent out via one of usual asinine little "tweets"!) 

I think that's the face he made when he was shtupping Stormy Daniels. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

I think that's the face he made when he was shtupping Stormy Daniels. :lol: 

The face he made when he PAID OFF Stormy Daniels.  For which he should be in prison beside Michael Cohen btw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

he PAID OFF Stormy Daniels.  For which he should be in prison 

Don't be cheap. Pay your sex worker.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The face he made when he PAID OFF Stormy Daniels.  For which he should be in prison beside Michael Cohen btw.

Lock Him Up!

• Like 2

Elizabeth Warren’s Big Night

The senator’s plea that voters set aside their fears and back the candidate they believe

in helped her stand out on a crowded stage.

".....I remember when people said Barack Obama couldn’t get elected. Shoot, I remember when people said Donald Trump couldn’t get elected.

But here’s where we are. I get it. There is a lot at stake, and people are scared. But we can’t choose a candidate we don’t believe in just because we’re too scared to do anything else. And we can’t ask other people to vote for a candidate we don’t believe in. Democrats win when we figure out what is right and we get out there and fight for it. I am not afraid, and for Democrats to win, you can’t be afraid either."

The message was clever: She played to voters’ desire to vote for a candidate they believe in, while insinuating that she was that candidate.

Since the debate lineups were announced, there had been speculation about how Warren and Sanders, who share a broadly common set of policies (though not the same approach to politics), would interact, and about whether the candidates would attack each other or join forces. ........

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/07/elizabeth-warren-i-am-not-afraid-democratic-debate/595135/?utm_content=edit-promo&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=2019-07-31T02%3A07%3A17&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social

• Like 1

I think she came across as the nuttiest and boy is she nutty after crawling up sanders' butt.

:lol:

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I think she came across as the nuttiest and boy is she nutty after crawling up sanders' butt.

:lol:

Worlds apart.  And to you Trump is not a fruitcake.

• Haha 1

CNN

@CNN
· 15h
CNN's Anderson Cooper: "For people who are trying to choose between you and former Vice President Biden,
why are you a better candidate?"

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm not here to diss any other Democrat. Get somebody else for that job, that's not me." #DemDebate

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:
CNN

@CNN
· 15h
CNN's Anderson Cooper: "For people who are trying to choose between you and former Vice President Biden,

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm not here to diss any other Democrat. Get somebody else for that job, that's not me." #DemDebate

She did not answer the question.  He asked why was she the better candidate.  If she cannot do that, then she must not be a better candidate than Biden.

John Delaney kicked Warren's butt, but nobody noticed it.  All she did was throw out the same far left liberal MA gibberish she has been running on for decades.  She may "know how to fight and how to win," but she can't successfully do either.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 3:10 PM, mr6666 said:
CNN

@CNN
· 15h

"Why should people vote for you instead of him?"

Warren: "duhhhhhhhhhh"

·
14h

Elizabeth Warren has raked in $25 million (without big-money fundraisers).

Her poll numbers have more than doubled since April.

And on Sunday, she drew her largest crowd of the campaign yet — 15,000 in Seattle.
=====================

....."She's so good at explaining her ideas in a way that makes sense to the audience," said Karen Finney, a Democratic strategist who worked on the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign and Stacey Abrams' Georgia bid for governor but is not currently affiliated with any presidential campaign. "And she's winning people over; the challenge will be all the money that will be spent to make her ideas sound scary."

Debbie Walsh, director of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University, said the questions about Warren's electability are something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"In some ways, it seems like it's a story that is self-perpetuating," Walsh said. "There are a lot of people who say they're enthusiastic about her, but afraid others aren't — and that creates this notion that she or a woman in general won't become electable.".....

Part of Warren's challenge — and opportunity — is to convince women that she is electable. Women have been a driving force behind the "resistance" to President Trump, they were the fuel to taking back the House in the 2018 midterm elections, and they make up a strong majority of Democratic voters. In the 2016 primary, for example, women made up 58% of Democratic primary voters and caucusgoers, according to exit polls.

It's a similar potential path for President Barack Obama's victory over Clinton in the 2008 primary. Key to his win was convincing African Americans that white voters would back him. After winning the Iowa caucuses, which were more than 90% white, Obama took off with black voters, leading to his crucial victory in South Carolina....

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/28/754856480/warrens-on-the-rise-but-can-she-convince-democrats-she-can-beat-trump?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr

• Like 1

Unions built the middle class—and unions will rebuild the middle class.

If we want more good American jobs, then we need stronger unions and more power in the hands of the people.

I’m proud to be fighting alongside our unions. #LaborDay

Top Contributors, federal election data for Elizabeth Warren, 2020 cycle

This page shows contributions grouped by contributor to the candidate's campaign committee only.

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2020 cycle. The money came from the organizations' PACs; their individual members, employees or owners; and those individuals' immediate families. At the federal level, the organizations themselves did not donate, as they are prohibited by law from doing so. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/contributors?id=N00033492

Senator Elizabeth Warren said that light bulbs, plastic straws and cheeseburgers are

"exactly what the fossil fuel industry hopes we’re all talking about."

She said that instead we should focus on 3 industries that produce "70% of the pollution."
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Senator Elizabeth Warren said that light bulbs, plastic straws and cheeseburgers are

"exactly what the fossil fuel industry hopes we’re all talking about."

She said that instead we should focus on 3 industries that produce "70% of the pollution."

OK, what three industries and how do we correct them?

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Coal,  oil and natural gas extraction. 

Uh,,  those are the 3 fossil fuel industries.    

7 minutes ago, TheCid said:

from POLITIFACT -

".........We wondered which three industries the Democratic presidential candidate had in mind.

Warren’s campaign directed us to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The agency’s page on the sources of greenhouse gas emissions shows that three sectors —transportation, electricity production and industry — account for 78% of the American total.

But those are activities, not industries in themselves.

Transportation, the biggest of the three, includes the cars people drive and the flights they take for business and pleasure........

Our ruling

Warren said that three industries account for 70% of the carbon that goes into the air. That’s imprecise. It is accurate to say that transportation, producing electricity and industry writ large are the three largest sources of greenhouse gases and represent more than 70% of the problem. But those are activities, not industries. Individual Americans as well as companies contribute to the situation in ways that are often intertwined.

Warren herself has been more accurate in her energy plan and even during the town hall itself. But she pushed the focus on industry on social media, and climate change researchers say that word doesn’t fit with the 70% figure she used.

We rate this claim Half True......."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/sep/06/elizabeth-warren/elizabeth-warren-blamed-3-industries-70-greenhouse/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

from POLITIFACT -

".........We wondered which three industries the Democratic presidential candidate had in mind.

Warren’s campaign directed us to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The agency’s page on the sources of greenhouse gas emissions shows that three sectors —transportation, electricity production and industry — account for 78% of the American total.

But those are activities, not industries in themselves.

Transportation, the biggest of the three, includes the cars people drive and the flights they take for business and pleasure........

Our ruling

Warren said that three industries account for 70% of the carbon that goes into the air. That’s imprecise. It is accurate to say that transportation, producing electricity and industry writ large are the three largest sources of greenhouse gases and represent more than 70% of the problem. But those are activities, not industries. Individual Americans as well as companies contribute to the situation in ways that are often intertwined.

Warren herself has been more accurate in her energy plan and even during the town hall itself. But she pushed the focus on industry on social media, and climate change researchers say that word doesn’t fit with the 70% figure she used.

We rate this claim Half True......."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/sep/06/elizabeth-warren/elizabeth-warren-blamed-3-industries-70-greenhouse/

In other words, taking a leaf from the Trump playbook?  😀

• Haha 1