• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The following films are not loading for me:

Morning Glory 1933
Hollywood My Hometown 1965
Dr. Mabuse the Gambler 1922
Goodbye, Miss Turlock 1947

The first two show a counter-clockwise arrow (not buffering circle) and won't load.
The second two won't load at all.

Anyone out in TCM-land experiencing similar issues?

Using a laptop, Windows 10 and DISH subscriber.

• Thanks 1

Probably an issue with those films. I tried two of them and got the same results as you. I also tried two films not on your list and they loaded properly.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:35 AM, slim pickins said:

The following films are not loading for me:

Morning Glory 1933
Hollywood My Hometown 1965
Dr. Mabuse the Gambler 1922
Goodbye, Miss Turlock 1947

The first two show a counter-clockwise arrow (not buffering circle) and won't load.
The second two won't load at all.

Anyone out in TCM-land experiencing similar issues?

Using a laptop, Windows 10 and DISH subscriber.

Howdy Slim, yep good buddy, you are not alone. I too tried to watch Dr Mabuse earlier in the week-- same'o as you. Today I tried to catch the Miss Turlock short, Same'O again.
I've seen them both before so didn't fret much, except that this is another example of TCM behaving badly again (as usual).
Using Win7 Pro, and COX Cable so this is most definitely a universal TCM failure at their end.
I figured that there were other features affected as well, but didn't wish to make the effort of checking every one and reporting about it here (as I used to do) since no one aside from "ourselves" (the TCM subscriber/viewers) evidently really cares if WATCH TCM works as it should or not.

Somebody at TCM did a half-Azz job (again). They went through the effort of making these features "appear" as if they were available for ON-DEMAND viewing, but failed to follow-through with whatever little "click" or thing to actually make it happen.
As scsu1975 has stated (and you likely have already observed) this is only occurring with a few of these features but not all of them (this time), so I imagine "if" TCM actually had a "Quality Assurance" person for WATCH TCM that it would be rather easy to find out which person it was who dropped the ball this time. (And then train or re-train them so that this type of issue would not reoccur, as it too often has in the past.)
But sadly, QA is something that the "people" managing (miss-managing) WATCH TCM has never apparently found a "need" for.

I will add one more somewhat unrelated issue to the above... I wanted to again watch the sword & sandal epic Helen of Troy and to my dismay discovered that WATCH TCM was putting out a "Match Box/Window-Box" stream.
It has been available on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND before, and though it was originally filmed in widescreen Letterbox (and has been presented as such ON-DEMAND), the all around black bars and much too small picture (Match Box) is  not "normal" (for more detail you can refer back to an earlier thread in this forum addressing "Window-Box" formatting). Just one more recent example of TCM behaving badly...

On 1/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, Stephan55 said:

TCM behaving badly

LOL. Thanks for your replies Stephan55. Well thought out and courteous.

Anyone notice the forum was down last night?

Was going to mention a glitch on a film I tried watching January 28th. It was "Wait Until Dark 1967". (Primarily for Audrey Hepburn). It only streamed the first 37 minutes. It has since been taken down. It was between "The Harvey Girls 1946" and "Prisoner of Second Avenue 1974" on the menu.

I was also going to mention that things seem to be going well on Watch TCM for a few weeks but those sentiments must have angered the Classic Film Demons. The following films aren't loading on my end:

Star is Born, A 1937
What Price Hollywood 1932
Somewhere in Sonora 1933
Woman's Secret, A 1949
Black Swan, The 1942
Quiet Man, The 1952

Could it be the recent showing of "Poltergeist 1982" is behind this?

On the plus side "2001: A Space Odyssey" streamed for me (whereas last month it didn't).

Reminds me of "The Outer Limits":

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, abcedem said:

Singin' In The Rain... would not load

Same here so add it to the list. Saw it a few weeks back so didn't click on it til now.

After that they all load up to the latest film "Heart Is a Lonely Hunter".

Seems to cluster in bunches.

13 hours ago, slim pickins said:

Star is Born, A 1937
Somewhere in Sonora 1933
Woman's Secret, A 1949

Black Swan, The 1942
Quiet Man, The 1952

8 hours ago, abcedem said:

I just tried A Star Is Born 1937 and Singin' In The Rain and both would not load.

Black Swan & Quiet Man now load & play at my end. Still none of the others yet.
So it appears that someone at TCM may actually be working to "correct" either their own, or someone elses "induced" "problem."
Might want to keep checking back periodically.....???? :unsure:

6 hours ago, slim pickins said:

Seems to cluster in bunches.

That has too often been the case. It seems to indicate (to me, anyway) that when a string of consecutive features during a specific time frame are on the same fritz (like this) that it would make it easy (easier) to isolate the "problem," be it electronic, mechanical, or human induced. And allow more timely "corrections" &/or necessary remedial actions to be taken and emplaced to not only "fix" the problem, but either eliminate or help to minimize its reoccurrence. 
But that would require a TCM QA monitor, which they apparently feel they have no need for. :wacko:

The last time (that I/we here noticed) this happened in January (2019) none of the string of afflicted movies were made playable throughout the entire seven days of their WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND listing.... :angry:

If the same "person/s" is/are responsible (again being irresponsible) then it is obvious that their training/retraining was inadequate, and unless they are federal employees working long hours without pay, and moonlighting at TCM to make their ends meet, then my TCM sympathy quotient (as a paying subscriber for WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND "product") continues to remain low.... <_<

However, (as of this posting) "someone" at TCM apparently saw the "need" to correct at least two of the features from your list.
We can (at least) "hope" that (maybe) the others will (eventually) follow before their time runs out. (???)

Could it be the recent showing of "Poltergeist 1982" is behind this?

On the plus side "2001: A Space Odyssey" streamed for me (whereas last month it didn't).

Reminds me of "The Outer Limits":

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume.

Ha Ha,
Considering that this (and other issues) is (has been) an all too frequent TCM "affliction" it is could to maintain a sense of humor....
I tell myself that it has been worse, and could easily be so again. :rolleyes:

Anyone notice the forum was down last night?

Yep, it apparently was out for at least 8 hrs. There are a couple of threads about it in the GD forum.
Of course no one from TCM (not even a board "moderator") has seen fit to chime in about it, or offer any apology, or at least an explanation as to what caused it (i.e. a failure, or maintenance, etc.) so it's all left to our supposition.

"Funny" how some things have changed ("degraded," including here) over the years.
When I first joined these boards such an occurrence would have elicited an immediate Moderator response.
Not so anymore. Maybe those old school mods have passed, or hopefully just moved on to better things than these TCM boards.
In either event, I miss their empathetic interaction with us. They were not only "mods" here, but they were also TCM fans as well, so whatever happened they experienced it with us, and were quick to share what they could from their end.  
Not so anymore.... :(

18 hours ago, slim pickins said:

After that they all load up to the latest film "Heart Is a Lonely Hunter". 

Wouldn't you know it? I brought back the Classic Film Demon. All of the films to date after "Heart Is a Lonely Hunter" won't load for me.

So the running list so far is:

previously

Singin' In The Rain 1952
Star is Born, A 1937
Somewhere in Sonora 1933

and now as of 2pm PT Feb 2

Suspicion 1941
Panic in the Streets 1950
The Third Man 1949
Night Must Fall 1937
Taxi Driver 1976
Sunrise 1927

Don't expect much to happen. Just thought I'd throw the list out there for the record.

Was looking forward to "The Third Man 1949". Even checked the local library just now to see if they had a DVD copy. Someone stole it (missing from the stacks). Alas, not to be!

Been my experience that once the movies are in the 7 day queue and they don't load, too bad. They sit there like lonely orphans never to be watched. Hoping that maybe on their next scheduled viewing the techies load them into the queue correctly.

I'm gonna have to hijack the TV and watch films live if I can wrestle the remote away. (Hmmm... maybe not. Since I don't pay the cable bill I remain second banana).

Hi, as of 16:15 PST the following WatchTCM films are not loading for me

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)

SUNRISE (1927)

A STAR IS BORN (1937)

WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD (1932)

On an iPad with the WatchTCM App, the following cryptic error appears

“The Operation couldn’t be completed (CDN Token. TokenError error 0.)”

I checked the other films listed previously and indeed they do not load for streaming... it seems the outage is quite extensive.

Argh!!! 😡😡😡

—denis

North By Northwest just got added but of course it does not load. However, I did find it in a search through Xfinity (my cable provider) and it plays just fine through there (it indicates that it is coming from TCM). Very strange.

(I also want to see The Third Man but Xfinity does not indicate it as one that I can play for free as North By Northwest is for me).

5 hours ago, Cinesi said:

Hi, as of 16:15 PST the following WatchTCM films are not loading for me

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)

SUNRISE (1927)

A STAR IS BORN (1937)

WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD (1932)

On an iPad with the WatchTCM App, the following cryptic error appears

“The Operation couldn’t be completed (CDN Token. TokenError error 0.)”

I checked the other films listed previously and indeed they do not load for streaming... it seems the outage is quite extensive.

Argh!!! 😡😡😡

—denis

I have the same issue on my Apple TV. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network and Token is how an app logs into the CDN. It would appear the TCM got updated with a bad token or the someone changed the token at the Content Delivery Network. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait for TCM to fix it. 

10 hours ago, abcedem said:

North By Northwest just got added but of course it does not load. However, I did find it in a search through Xfinity (my cable provider) and it plays just fine through there (it indicates that it is coming from TCM). Very strange.

(I also want to see The Third Man but Xfinity does not indicate it as one that I can play for free as North By Northwest is for me).

Coorection: it seems that many of the WatchTCM movies are available via xfinity. I did manage to load The Third Man and I'm seeing others from the current WatchTCM list on xfinity.

i'm not able to stream anything but "live" shows.  all attempts to watch many movies on my iphone, macbook and roku tv are fails.  Just get a box saying the movie not available right now.  North by Northwest, Night Must Fall, Brigadoon, The Third Man are some I've tried.  The ONLY one I could get to stream last night was When I Last Saw Paris.  I have high speed fiber internet, roku smart TVs, and sprint phone.  I am not having issues with my devices or service with other programming.  Any thoughts on what the problem is, and when it will be resolved?  There are so many great options I was looking forward to seeing this weekend!  Thank you!  

11 hours ago, Captain McGloo said:

I have the same issue on my Apple TV. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network and Token is how an app logs into the CDN. It would appear the TCM got updated with a bad token or the someone changed the token at the Content Delivery Network. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait for TCM to fix it. 

Would it make a difference on which cable provider you have? I am on Spectrum! So far, it seems that this weekend so far, all films being added to WatchTCM do not stream at all!

Maybe someone with Twitter should reach Ben Mankiewicz to let him know of the problem... maybe he can reach TCM's Tech Support. Nobody seems to be minding the store, sigh!

--denis

Don't think it's cable provider specific. I'm using DISH as my sign in and am experiencing the same issues,

Seeing as the Superbowl and TCM are both in Atlanta, I think someone got drunk on the job. :)

I've checked a few (not all) of the titles and they seem to be loading again. We may be back in working order.

Previous post deleted by Mods, so we know that they at least read our complaints, even if they do nothing about them except delete some of them…. BTW, with that deletion, you reinforced what I wrote, didn’t you. :(
Since you failed to make a comment, perhaps you might answer which part of the truth in this post you deem so “offensive” to warrant deletion? Hmmmm.
Was it just the “itchy finger" requiring scratching again, or perhaps you just aren’t a fan of my little poetic rhyme near the end?
If the latter be the case I just couldn’t help myself as TCM was the “inspiration" and the words just seemed to flow and align themselves.
In anticipation of this likelihood I saved a copy of what I originally wrote, so I could re-post if need be.
So the newbies and oldies here can see and make their own judgement call on appropriate responsiveness on these boards.  That is, if they catch the post before you "scratch" it with your "itchy" finger again... :rolleyes:

On 2/4/2019 at 12:36 PM, abcedem said:

I've checked a few (not all) of the titles and they seem to be loading again. We may be back in working order.

Yeah, but for how long???
TCM ended last year (Dec. 2018) this way. Then just over a week into the new year (Jan. 2019) the same thing happened again (only no one at TCM cared to correct anything at all that time).
Three more weeks TCM starts Feb. 2019, off doing it all over again....
(Nothing "new" about any of this, This pattern has been oft repeated at varying intervals throughout the years).

We TCM fans that actually anticipate what's up next, and watch this stuff on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND catch these problems right away. We then report it here (only confirming what we already know to each other) to no avail, as no one at TCM, not even the board mods here, appear to be listening to their viewers at all, upon TCM's own website.
(edit: well the mods here do apparently read our posts, they just do nothing constructive about them).
You'd think that someone at TCM would be monitoring their highly promoted product and catch these ongoing problems immediately, as they occur, and promptly apply any remedial actions.
Better yet, one would think that they would learn "something" from their  ongoing mistakes and prevent them from reoccurring, again, and again, and again, month after month, year after year.

We know that they have the ability to make this work (at least some times), because when it does it is splendid.
But we also quickly learn that (for whatever twisted logic, or lack of concern) they refuse to make it work consistently.
This has been the "TCM tango" for the several years that I have been a regular user of WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND.
They "upgrade" and then "downgrade" (one "improvement" forward, half a step backwards) regularly....
But without a Quality Assurance (Quality Control) person monitoring, they routinely fail and then ignore us, again, again, and again.
And too often, without replying to anything else here, the mods have often chosen to just delete our posts and threads when we point these sad facts out here... Acting as if by doing so they'll prevent any new person upon these boards from discovering the lack of attention that TCM really shows its "fans."

TCM behaves as if they have no idea, or rather they really don't care, that most of us (including the newbies) that do come here do so out of desperation, because we have (like practically all of us in the beginning) swallowed the TCM hype, and think that when something doesn't work (as it once may have) that it must be something that we are doing wrong.
Then, we eventually and sadly arrive at the same conclusions as the "old timers" here have, and learn that WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND is NOT to be Relied UPON. Use it if you choose, but Do NOT Depend Upon It!

When it does work well,
 it is really quite swell,
but then it frequently will fail,
 and that gives us all travail

And to our cries,
 TCM denies
their only Defense being
 the Silence that they ever tell

(Edited above lines into a more "poetic" format)

Oh and BTW, Welcome to the boards and the wonderfully frustrating world of WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND!
Enjoy it while (and when) you can...

Any thing untruthful in the above? Anything worthy of deletion here?
I mean it's not as if the newbies here wouldn't eventually figure this out on their own, is it?

Truth in advertising means never having to say you're sorry.

6 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

When it does work well,
 it is really quite swell.
But then it frequently will fail,
 and that gives us all travail.

The bard of the boards. Hear, hear Stephen!

Thanks to who ever scans these boards, be it moderator, techie or poltergeist.

All the films I've wanted to see now work save one. The Duke has been shortchanged:
"Somewhere in Sonora 1933"
still remains in loading limbo. Darn! Was looking forward to the stagecoach mishap.

On the plus side, got to watch "The Third Man 1949" and they added "Fantastic Voyage 1966" to the queue (they had not placed it in rotation when it finished airing).

As an aside... I was scanning other messages and someone mentioned they had luck getting a response using TCM Twitter or Facebook. I wish I saved the link to post here but can't seem to locate it again. I don't use either, so I post here to the forum. Those that have those social media connections might have luck trying them.

Thanks to who ever scans these boards, be it moderator, techie or poltergeist.

My bet is on "poltergeist" ;)

I was scanning other messages and someone mentioned they had luck getting a response using TCM Twitter or Facebook.

I saw that too, it was on Facebook.
But it sorta sounded like a generic response.

I don't use either, so I post here to the forum.

Neither do I.
It's really a shame that someone at TCM might actually reply to something on Facebook, Twitter, or some other social media site, while totally ignoring their own website.
If that is a fact then they should link all queries and responses to a single domain.
But they would have to have what the scarecrow lacked to conceive of that idea, wouldn't they?

Just taking a peek at some of the newer posts here out of morbid curiosity.  It is indeed backwards how far more people post anything intelligent here than on their Facebook or Twitter, and then this gets ignored but all by a gatekeeper or two.  I checked the public postings on these outside "social media" services, without registering, back when this forum was down.  They were empty.  A grand total of maybe 4 people posted anything that day, asking why the forum was down.  The rest was just empty-minded posting on upcoming airings.  No real dialog whatsoever.  I'm not seeing how that could be the future, anymore than this forum is.  They are actually quite inferior.  Yet they run this forum like a liability and sweep it under the rug, and at the same time run their Facebook and Twitter accounts like some sort of assets.  Either they delete stuff as fast as people are posting, or else there is no conversation that can be publicly seen on those services.

Disclaimer: Not a luddite, just not a fan of "social media".  I saw other people with accounts and fake friends on MySpace about ten or fifteen years ago and thought that was just about the stupidest thing I had ever seen, robbing people of precious brain cells and real social interaction.  Now Facebook and Twitter have taken its place, like MySpace on steroids.  Why bother "wiretapping" or data-mining people when so many voluntarily put all their life out there for officials or employers to see.  Fools.  Anyhow just my thoughts on the matter.  Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since NOBODY has made any posts yet, and I have been experiencing the problem since yesterday afternoon, I am thinking that I might just be the lone ranger....
Gosh I sure hope not????

Late Monday night-early Tuesday morning (2/11-2/12/2019), I was watching Tora! Tora! Tora! on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND. No problem except I fell asleep about halfway through the film.
I was busy Tues-Wed. So no TV time until late yesterday afternoon (Wed. 2/13/2019).
I fired up the PC, connected to the larger TV screen, and settled down to finish Tora! Tora! Tora! But the movie wouldn't load from WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND, not even the spinning little wheel.
The screen just looked as it normally does once a movie has finished playing with the re-load/re-watch icon in the middle of the screen.
Click on that and the movie doesn't recycle.
Try reloading it, same thing.
My TCM sign-in tells me that I am good-to-go, but no movie will play.

This is the same kind of screen that I (and others here) have seen several times before when WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND is acting up, but when I come to the boards for confirmation, not a single recent complaint to be seen.

I checked and the trailers and intros load and play. Even WATCH TCM LIVE East & West Feeds play okay, but not a single movie that I have checked from the entire WATCH list will load and play now, not even those that played just fine two days ago.

So I double check to make sure that everything at my end is up-to-date.... Firefox browser (check!), Adobe Flash Player (check!), Downstream ISP speeds good (check!), No problem streaming video from anywhere else (PBS, YouTube, double check!).
I became so frustrated that I even reinstalled a couple of the earlier Firefox browser versions that had previously worked fine with TCM (made no difference at all).

Since these symptoms are very similar to what we all have experienced with WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND before, I ordinarily wouldn't be too alarmed. But without joint confirmation that others are experiencing the same thing as myself I am becoming truly alarmed.
I shut my PC off early Tuesday morning, then turned it on again to WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND Wed afternoon. So whatever crapped out happened sometime between Tues morning and Wed afternoon
Is this happening to anybody else out there in WATCH TCM On-DEMAND Land?

PC is the same laptop I've been using for the last three years. Same Win 7 pro OS, Same ISP, Same hardware and software (and all functioning as they should with everything except WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND).
In-other-words nothing at my end changed from one day to the next when this happened.
Ordinarily that points the finger at TCM. And ordinarily it is me (or somebody like me) double checking and confirming that for somebody else posting on here. But it appears as if I'm either the first to report the problem this time, or else I am the only one experiencing it?
How about it folks, can anybody chime in about this same thing happening at their end?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

I can be of no help, as I don't use Watch TCM. One suggestion: Have you tried a different browser? Firefox relies on Adobe Flash Player, while Google Chrome uses something called Pepper Flash. It updates when the browser updates.

I have a different issue with TCM. Still, my browser (Chrome) will freeze right here in the forums, and nowhere else.

I can also say, TCM needs to make the move to HTML5, which FilmStruck had done before they were shut down.

I would suggest trying Google Chrome or even Internet Explorer. I have Windows 10, which is getting better. It also includes the Edge browser. I don't use it, but suspect it is superior to IE.

EDIT: I just tried Tora, Tora, Tora and it loaded fine. So did Speedy. Windows 10/Google Chrome.

• Thanks 1

Hey thanks so much Mike for getting back to me about this.
Been busy all day and just settled in to see what is going on in this part of my "life."

22 hours ago, Michael Rennie said:

I can be of no help, as I don't use Watch TCM.

I almost exclusively use WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND as it allows me to see at my leisure what I want to watch from TCM (most of what they broadcast is offered on the WATCH TCM website), and these days I only DVR a TCM "premier" or something that I haven't seen before, if I'm not able to watch it live on the boob.
Otherwise TCM WATCH ON-DEMAND is my routine go-to. And it works great WHEN IT DOES WORK. But too often there are interruptions in "service" of varying lengths and intensity, that almost obliterate the "good" days in-between. And (in my case for sure) 99.999% of the time the root of the problem has ended up being some screw-up on the TCM side of the house.

Have you tried a different browser? Firefox relies on Adobe Flash Player, while Google Chrome uses something called Pepper Flash. It updates when the browser updates.

I used to go that route when troubleshooting, but have long ago abandoned any browser, etc put out by MS. And anything by Google as well (for much the same reasons). I hate all of the unwanted telemetry spyware that these mega giants feel they can use mine whatever data they can from us (just because they can). And I avoid automatic updates like the plague (often they break something that used to work, and often hide more spyware and manipulative cookies within), I dislike being anybodies unasked Beta tester.
I only choose to update when I have read everything I can about the update and determined that it is in MY best interest to do so (as opposed to some companies self-serving interest). 
Besides, I really don't believe that it is a Firefox or Adobe Flash issue per se, as the trailers and intros played, and (an even more relevant distinction) both the East and West coast WATCH TCM LIVE streams played without a hitch.
Could possibly have been a Firefox browser conflict initiated by TCM, but it only affected their WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND ability to function.

BTW Firefox also uses HTML.
I have Adobe Flash on board only for those antiquated institutions that still use it (like TCM). Adobe constantly pumps out "updates" but again, I do not allow anyone to take over my PC and automatically install anything without my explicit examination and approval.

I have a different issue with TCM. Still, my browser (Chrome) will freeze right here in the forums, and nowhere else.

That sounds interesting, I wonder why?
As I said, I stopped using Google years ago now. It was a real pain getting rid of some of their intensly persistent "cookies" and they cross infected every other browser that I used to test with back then.
Today, whenever I get on-line, I make sure that google.com is blocked from my Firefox browser.

I can also say, TCM needs to make the move to HTML5, which FilmStruck had done before they were shut down.

Good idea, but they don't listen to us about anything, do they?

I would suggest trying Google Chrome or even Internet Explorer. I have Windows 10, which is getting better. It also includes the Edge browser. I don't use it, but suspect it is superior to IE.

Nope, not even to watch a TCM movie ON-DEMAND. If that is the only way then I will take the highway.
I have chosen to boycott Google, and most anything "new" from Microsoft.
MS is just way to heavy handed. They tried to automatically install Win 10 on my PC in 2016.
The reason why I use Win 7 Pro, is they stopped supporting XP. With Win 7 I still have some controll over my PC, with Win 10 I sacrifice everything to the "good will" of MS.
Win 7 will be the last Operating System that I ever use or buy from MS.
I used to let MS push the automatic updates back in the day when I naively believed  and "trusted" them to have "our" best interests in mind. These days I only allow the absolutely necessary security updates from MS, and only after I have read them and assured myself that is all that they are (once burned twice shy). 
I'll only use and support Firefox so long as Mozilla continues to fight the good fight for us. Likewise DuckDuckGo search engine, Wikipedia, NPR and PBS, etc. The day I realize that they have either given up or been conned into joining the dark side, I will leave them in a heartbeat.
Too many against "us" and they all have a lot of financial clout. Gotta support those that support me and you, and "us" whenever I can.

EDIT: I just tried Tora, Tora, Tora and it loaded fine. So did Speedy. Windows 10/Google Chrome.

So does that mean that you accessed them using WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND???:unsure:

I Just went to WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND and gave it another shot.
Tora!, Tora!, Tora!, loaded and began playing in a snap, just like it did three days ago. I checked half a dozen different features scattered throughout the playlist, and they all did the same.

So yeah, WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND is back up and running for me today. Thanks so much for checking! :)
Don't know when "they" finally "fixed" whatever problem that they "initiated" (could have been anytime after I clicked off late last night to sometime this afternoon).
So it was a "relatively" temporary "glitch" only lasting from Tues-Thurs (by TCM "standards" almost nothing at all to *b*i*t*c*h* about). And I would have given it that time and even more before I initiated a post about it, were it not that nobody else appeared to be affected by it.
But this "problem" (however minor by contrast) again falls squarely at the feet of TCM, as I had changed nothing immediately before it started and I had reverted back to that "original" browser so that everything at my end was again the same when the problem mysteriously and "spontaneously" resolved (all-on-it's-own :rolleyes:) sometime today. 
This has TCM written all over it, as these very same symptoms have presented many times before on WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND, the only difference this time was that I was the only one experiencing it that posted about it this time around.

Anyway, thanks so much Mike for the double check.
Appreciate your effort and thoughtful suggestions.

I suppose I better get back to Tora!, Tora!, Tora!, before it's time expires tonight!
It's not like I don't know how it ends, seeing how it's a historical docudrama of sorts, and I have seen the movie before. But I was in the mood for a re-watch, and by god that's what I'm a gonna do.
See'in as how TCM went to all that effort to make it watchable again (just for me). ;)

I installed the Watch TCM app on both of my Amazon devices. I have a tablet and streaming stick. I do have a Roku as well, but like Amazon just a little bit more. Kind of like Firefox versus Chrome. For me Chrome works better and faster.

I will follow this thread and when you post a problem, I will do my best to take a look at it. So far, I am getting a spinning wheel briefly, then a promo loads. Funny how the app works a little different on my tablet versus my stick. On my tablet, the promo plays, My Fair Lady on the big screen, then the movie starts. On my streaming stick, I have to start the movie and there is an option for the host intro.