Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

Upcoming Shout/Scream Factory Releases

21 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

It looks like it was released last December. Here are the details:

CF_MichaelShayne_cover_800.jpg?156476670

https://www.classicflix.com/products/the-complete-prc-michael-shayne-mystery-collection

Thanks, LawrenceA.

I did find this eventually, but first I almost logged on to something called classicflixunderground, and my browser sent up warning flags.

I wondered, Can classic film fans be scammed by DVD releases? Maybe!☺️

I think I have seen this advertised in some catalogs lately.  Such as moviesunlimited.com, oldies.com, ccvideo.com, kino.com, etc.  We get several catalogs for DVD's.  

Haven't seen the Beaumont versions, but do have the Lloyd Nolan versions.  Ironically the DVD set is Volume One, but have never seen a Volume Two.  A while back one of the independent stations in this area would broadcast the old Michael Shayne TV shows.  Very poor quality sometimes, but sometimes interesting.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:59 PM, TheCid said:

I think I have seen this advertised in some catalogs lately.  Such as moviesunlimited.com, oldies.com, ccvideo.com, kino.com, etc.  We get several catalogs for DVD's.  

Haven't seen the Beaumont versions, but do have the Lloyd Nolan versions.  Ironically the DVD set is Volume One, but have never seen a Volume Two.  A while back one of the independent stations in this area would broadcast the old Michael Shayne TV shows.  Very poor quality sometimes, but sometimes interesting.

I have tried, in vain, to find Volume Two of the Lloyd Nolan as Michael Shayne films. Those films can be found on individual DVDs, however.

3 hours ago, Marianne said:

I have tried, in vain, to find Volume Two of the Lloyd Nolan as Michael Shayne films. Those films can be found on individual DVDs, however.

Is there really a Volume Two?  I suspect that Volume One was not that successful, so they never did a Volume Two. Vol. One is copyrighted 2007.

9 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Is there really a Volume Two?  I suspect that Volume One was not that successful, so they never did a Volume Two. Vol. One is copyrighted 2007.

You're correct. Poor sales led to Fox cancelling the second volume.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

You're correct. Poor sales led to Fox cancelling the second volume.

Too bad.  I think Fox Movie channel shows the ones from Vol. One periodically.  Wonder why I never see any of the others that would have been in Vol. Two?

On 3/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, LawrenceA said:

https://www.classicflix.com/products/the-complete-prc-michael-shayne-mystery-collection

I finally ordered this PRC Shayne collection, LawrenceA. I have no idea how long it will take to arrive but I hope it will be a fun distraction during these stay-at-home days! Thanks again for the link.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, LawrenceA said:

Locked away for decades, all five Michael Shayne films made at PRC Studios are making their DVD debut in this special collection from ClassicFlix!

The DVD finally arrived, Lawrence A., and I can hardly wait to start watching. I guess being cooped up only makes this collection even more enticing, although I was pretty excited to find it before all the pandemic horror really got under way. I'll be interested to see how Hugh Beaumont compares to Lloyd Nolan.