Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

yes, climate change is a fact

14 hours ago, Vautrin said:

So whoever wrote In the beginning had it all wrong. Now you tell me. 

Maybe they should have Donald Twump dictate a new Bible, call it the Art of The Word.

"In the beginning Twump created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without brand, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. ...  And Twump called the light golf time, and the darkness he called tweet time. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, hamradio said:

It's hilarious when people attending climate change rallies  has to DRIVE to the event.  Their own actions are putting extra CO2 into the very air they're concerned about.

NQFAF5UZ3KV5ACRQ33HT3UT66A.jpg

giphy.gif

I was wondering  where all those cars clogging the 10 Freeway were heading.  How did you know they're all going to a climate change rally?!?

When I've attended one of these, I noticed large numbers of people getting off subways and other modes of public transportation.  Many people are serious about doing whatever to lessen their carbon footprint 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arturo said:

I was wondering  where all those cars clogging the 10 Freeway were heading.  How did you know they're all going to a climate change rally?!?

When I've attended one of these, I noticed large numbers of people getting off subways and other modes of public transportation.  Many people are serious about doing whatever to lessen their carbon footprint 

They ACTUALLY walked from the subway to the event?  I'm stunned.

top-12-hacks-for-walking-your-dog-1-1732

:P

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hamradio said:

They ACTUALLY walked from the subway to the event?  I'm stunned.

top-12-hacks-for-walking-your-dog-1-1732

:P

Yes some do walk.  There are people that want to leave this earth for future generations in the best livable and sustainable way possible.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the position of your side, with a president help-bent on wreaking havoc on the environment for no purpose than to allow companies making profits, or because Obama advocated for the opposite.  Trump is a pathetic, insecure fool.

• Thanks 1

For the 1000th time, weather isn't climate, and unseasonal, extreme weather events such as cold snaps are all part of climate change. It's overly simplistic to think that there can be no cold weather in a changing climate, or that snowfall contradicts anything.

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

For the 1000th time, weather isn't climate, and unseasonal, extreme weather events such as cold snaps are all part of climate change. Only a simpleton thinks that there can be no cold weather in a changing climate, or that snowfall contradicts anything.

And a bad hot summer doesn't mean global warming. :wacko:

• Thanks 1

I'm not going to bother to debate this issue any further. I should not have posted what I did, as it's about as useful as banging your head into a brick wall. Nothing I say will ever change your mind in the least, no matter how much statistical data, facts and educated conclusions from hundreds of experts I post here.

If you notice, the only people who bring this subject up are you deniers. It's settled for the rest of us, and we largely gave up on trying to discuss the issue with you a long time ago. But occasionally one or more of us grow frustrated or idealistic enough to think that maybe just this one time you'll listen to reason. And that's pure foolishness on our part. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Maybe they should have Donald Twump dictate a new Bible, call it the Art of The Word.

"In the beginning Twump created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without brand, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. ...  And Twump called the light golf time, and the darkness he called tweet time. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

And Don called the light Night and the dark Day. And it was very good. Then Don said,

Very good. Hell, it's Great.

Ken KlippensteinVerified account @kenklippenstein 21h21 hours ago

In 1982, Exxon Mobile's internal research predicted that by 2020, atmospheric CO2 would reach 400 - 420 ppm. Today we're at 415 ppm.

The fossil fuel industry knew about the climate crisis all along.

=======================================

Exxon predicted in 1982 exactly how high global carbon emissions would be today

CO2 in the atmosphere has reached unprecedented levels.

https://thinkprogress.org/exxon-predicted-high-carbon-emissions-954e514b0aa9/

:(

Some people gets bent out of shape regarding glacier calving, blaming global warming.  The alarm is, this must stop!

Oh well, go ahead and stop the additional feeding of diatoms - the main producer of our oxygen!  Diatoms absorbs CO2 by the tons.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28083-glaciers-seed-ocean-with-silicon-and-fuel-plankton-growth/

Glacier tongue calving reduced dense water formation and enhanced carbon uptake

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/grl.50178

How did I learned this...thank "One Strange Rock - Gasp" on NGC hosted by Will Smith.

Large blooms are where glaciers calve and melt.

diatombloom.jpg

antarctica_productivity_sm.jpg

so egg sucking european liberal educators give them a passing grade for skipping school.

:lol:

What if Mother Nature is old fashion...Kids should be (barely) seen and not heard. ;)

What did you say, can't hear you. 

0bb4f51f2b26db35e1e3880e0aca997c.jpg

How 2020 Democrats plan to address climate change

"After a year of devastating floods, wildfires and hurricanes, climate change has been polling as a top issue in the 2020 Democratic primaries.

As William Brangham reports, the candidates have different plans to address the problem......

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-2020-democrats-plan-to-address-climate-change?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour