Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

The McGuerins From Brooklyn is on at 5:00 AM Jan 15/16.  There were other movies, of which I have DVD's, that were very similar.  I have been told they actually made a movie and then cut it into shorter segments for release again.

Question:  Is The McGuerins From Brooklyn different from Two Knights From Brooklyn; Two Mugs From Brooklyn; Taxi Mister and Brooklyn Orchid?  Put another way, if I have all except The McGuerins, do I also have the McGuerins?  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TheCid said:

The McGuerins From Brooklyn is on at 5:00 AM Jan 15/16.  There were other movies, of which I have DVD's, that were very similar.  I have been told they actually made a movie and then cut it into shorter segments for release again.

Question:  Is The McGuerins From Brooklyn different from Two Knights From Brooklyn; Two Mugs From Brooklyn; Taxi Mister and Brooklyn Orchid?  Put another way, if I have all except The McGuerins, do I also have the McGuerins?  Thanks.

These were 45-minute features that Hal Roach did in the early 40s, called Streamliners. He made other ones featuring other characters/actors. But the ones with the McGuerins were a continuing series.

The full list is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Roach's_Streamliners

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

These were 45-minute features that Hal Roach did in the early 40s, called Streamliners. He made other ones featuring other characters/actors. But the ones with the McGuerins were a continuing series.

The full list is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Roach's_Streamliners

Thanks, I looked at Wiki and some notes I have from a while back.  Some of these were combined into other "movies." Ex. Two Knights from Brooklyn seems to be a combination of Two Mugs From Brooklyn and Taxi Mister?.  Apparently Two Knights, Two Mugs and Taxi Mister? were not used in Brooklyn Orchid.

Guess my question is whether The McGuerins from Brooklyn is parts of others or is totally stand alone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Thanks, I looked at Wiki and some notes I have from a while back.  Some of these were combined into other "movies." Ex. Two Knights from Brooklyn seems to be a combination of Two Mugs From Brooklyn and Taxi Mister?.  Apparently Two Knights, Two Mugs and Taxi Mister? were not used in Brooklyn Orchid.

Guess my question is whether The McGuerins from Brooklyn is parts of others or is totally stand alone?

My understanding is that it's a standalone story. But I guess you'll know more when you watch it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mystery solved.  McGuerins From Brooklyn is about 45 mins. long and was essentially last part of Two Knights From Brooklyn, but with about three 2 min. segments inserted and about 20+ mins. deleted.  Two Knights is about 1 hour and 12 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...