Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And you know who you are, Or hopefully have a clue!

I have been letting go by snide comments as to # 1, me personally, then to what I do and it goes on all the way to how I misspell on occasion, and finally how I introduced MY COMMENT, MY OPINION as to how & why Doris Day still likes our President. Apparently all of you missing that I wrote how I always appreciated the way she sings.

Now come on people, just halt your personal remarks. It's not appropriate. And IF any wish to carry it further then e-mail me as some of you have already. My, once I wrote I'd be your emotional outlet but a few have gone completely overboard. Get a life, have a drink or just get civility back in your life!!!

LEO

Leo - I think you are clinically insane, or somewhat near it. If anyone needs to "get a life" it's you. Nobody else except for the occasional wacko goes as far as you have with the rude remarks and stupid comments. It's really a shame that people like you have to ruin an otherwise friendly and intelligent atmosphere. And the only reason why I reply to your stupid rantings is because I don't think you should be allowed to get away with them, and I take great offense to your attacks against other members of this community. For all our sakes, just stop.

To classicfan--Please get some class & if only you could've comprehended - it would be now so simple--in any event I'd not be responding to stupidity. My reciever's off to you and those few others- you're on ignore, and permantantly!!

I've been watchin' the Doris Day thread, and I have to align myself with those who think Leo is being ridiculous, especially after seeing this "topic"...

Well gibsonwhatever--where I've been you & those few others, have yet to go---Now for the last time, show some intelligence and RE-READ my original open letter and if afterward you still don't follow, well then do, get someone to interrupt its content! Now grow up.

I have not been posting for long and have not posted for awhile due to some nasty remarks to a subject I opened called Didn't get to see the end back in General Discussions. To leo's credit he still is posting whether one agrees with him or not. I do believe he was misunderstood and at the sametime ill-advised to post Day's political preferences-esp. if it is an assumption. And does it matter? Leo do you know for sure if Day voted for Bush or is for Bush? When we go to the voting booth it is secret-I hope. Maybe he could have left off the part about Bush after he Praised her singing and acting talent-he did you can read it for yourself. But maybe politics and America's Sweetheart don't mix and maybe this has angered you all. What if this thread was about Jane Fonda who's political life is very public domain. It's not I know but maybe we could learn to disregard some comments if we don't agree with them esp. if they are misunderstood on the reader's part and perhaps better left off by the poster if you will. I mean he never said she didn't deserve the reward and he even congratulated her and then comes the next...Everyone is entitled to their opinion and therefore we are entitled to read it or not.Leo I understood your comment if it helps and I ask you and others to just agree to disagree. Also remember we have the love of movies in common and the poster you have a beef with can help you with a movie question or two and be very enlightning and funny and mis spell.

Thank you so much gwtwbooklover for having the intelligence & depth to understand. And I, always such an apolitical person, but I read in the papers that day that she still favors Bush. I never knew that that those few people got so bent out of shape completly OVER LOOKING the fact that I stated that she has always been a fan of mine and, even adding she has a pure voice as opposed to the belters and screechers around now but ---Thanks again;

Leo

Why would such "an apolitical person" ever get "dismayed" over anyone's support of Bush? Not even you seem to know the answer. If it's "civility" you want, why would you bring anything like that up? I think just about everyone is aware that such topics are a surefire way of bringing controversy about. It's not that your praise of Doris Day's singing was overlooked, it's just our opinion that your opinion of Doris Day's opinion doesn't belong here...

First of all why intrude? My comments was to and for someone else. In any event, why you ask? Why not? I can not include an opinion. Apparently. you like Bush. Fine? I could care less and furthermore you and your kind are the one's who get all bothered if someone writes more than you're used to. Well, U had better mature - it a'int

clever or informative!!

Is this not an "open letter?" How can I "intrude?" What you said really wasn't too a big deal, but politically-based opinions are best left off these boards, as I found out the hard way. And I certainly never said or implied that I liked Bush.

BTW: are you dyslexic???

Very well antar - however do take not of what I originally

said and perhaps, you can see why I just got so annoyed and all cause I merely shared what I saw in paperss that morning and then gave my opinion as to Ms. Day still saying she'd vote for this spend thrift president with an over 5 trillion deficit. That's all--OK?

Now I hope those same people don't post idiotic statements because they assume I'm getting political. I trust not...

Look, when you first brought this up, you said nothing of this paper. There was no reason to think the comment was a side note, so there was not much else to think but that you'd determined she was "for Bush" simply from her getting that award. I don't know or care if you did that intentionally to lure people into a debate--it doesn't matter either way. Any discussion of this kind is, inescapably, "getting political." It should be saved for somewhere else.

But it's true that none of this is even a big deal. I mostly just argue for the sake of arguing.

The spoon has struck again.

How I'd like to be a fly on his wall

Is he laughing , or is he truely distraught

over other peoples displeasure of him.

Or is this a big gimmic to sell ones wares.

The world will never know.

Eddie

Oh antar please, one more time just read my original post concerning this matter and then you will surely see my intent was to praise her voice AND my life's too hectic as it is. I've no time to bait people to post as they have. It is their lives's that a certain 'something' is sorely lacking for them to attack as they have...alright? Enough said???