Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another TCM function that died

drednm

5 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I notice that TCM hasn't updated their biographies about various actors either.  For example, if I didn't know any better, according to TCM, Joan Fontaine is still alive.

Hey now speedy...as long as there's a TCM, Joan Fontaine will never die!  For that matter, neither will anyone else featured on the screen of this network.  😉

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, drednm said:

They don't bother with this one anymore

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/?ecid=subnavdatabasehome

Why bother listing it?

Speaking of functions that died, how about ones that never lived like being able to block any posters who are just here to harass people, instead of actually liking films and wanting to share posts. Why does TCM not have such a function?

6 hours ago, GordonCole said:

Speaking of functions that died, how about ones that never lived like being able to block any posters who are just here to harass people, instead of actually liking films and wanting to share posts. Why does TCM not have such a function?

is the IGNORE option not functioning?? :unsure:

(haven't tried it myself)

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

I can assure everyone that the ignore feature IS working.  The only drawback is that you still see the comments of people you're ignoring when others choose to quote them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:23 PM, speedracer5 said:

I can assure everyone that the ignore feature IS working.  The only drawback is that you still see the comments of people you're ignoring when others choose to quote them. 

Unfortunately the ignore feature doesn't completely mask the people one would wish to ignore, as you still see their avatar on the thread index, and as you say, the quotes in other's posts. Plus, the two people I would most like to ignore post so often that if I were to put them on "ignore", I'd still see their avatars more than all but a few, and many threads would become incomprehensible. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, mr6666 said:

The site has no blocking function preventing one from having to deal with disruptive or toxic personalities. Facebook lets you block someone, which means anyone who is just trying to be obnoxious, threatening or is stalking someone, can be removed from one's posting life online. Seems like a good idea to prevent altercations or more verbal abuse, so I don't see why TCM doesn't incorporate it. The ignore function is basically useless in that type of situation. That's like saying, people can burn down my house, but if I don't see it, no problemo. Thanx though for your response.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings