Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are these 10 movie ratings on the IMDb accurate?

TopBilled

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

I'm surprised a few of these are rated so highly:

I rated "Gone With The Wind" a 10. "Good Will Hunting", "Out Of The Past", "No Down Payment" (it was hard accepting Tony Randall in a serious part) and "Forrest Gump" I rated 7. I saw "Top Gun" many years ago, can't recall too much, not much of Tom Cruise fan, I don't think he is a very good actor, though he was pretty good in "Rain Man".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I rated "Gone With The Wind" a 10. "Good Will Hunting", "Out Of The Past", "No Down Payment" (it was hard accepting Tony Randall in a serious part) and "Forrest Gump" I rated 7. I saw "Top Gun" many years ago, can't recall too much, not much of Tom Cruise fan, I don't think he is a very good actor, though he was pretty good in "Rain Man".

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jim. I think some stars' fans upvote their titles. For example, all of Marion Davies' movies are rated highly on the IMDb, which beggars belief.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

These are not scientifically conducted polls;  therefore they are not accurate.

I assume everyone here knows that. 

Right. But I think with unscientific polls, results might feel accurate or not feel accurate. If anything, it's interesting to see how people rate these films, as a whole, on the IMDb.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings