Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As it stands now & subject to change until 7 days prior to the Oscars...

spence

Here is just a semi short list of very early projections of the actual winners for THE 91st ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS-(AMPAS)

& as I cited, by no means final as yet for the year, just early fun,etc  Like the racetrack or something, where you can still change your bet & such

& again, please comment & especially join-in   We should have a contest on here, like thee A #1 on all awards (golderby.com)

Variety used to, but for some reason stopped it's annual OSCAR-ORACLE contest, where I was lucky enough to win 2 consecutive yrs (2002 & 2003)

Here we go> BEST PICTURE: "ROMA"-(Runner-Up: "GREEN BOOK")

ACTOR: CHRISTIAN BALE in "Vice"-(close call w/Rami Malek in "Bohemian Rhapsody who just won the SAG Award on Sunday)

ACTRESS: GLENN CLOSE in "The Wife"{-(her 7th shot)

S. ACTOR: MARHERSHELA ALI, "Green Book"-(just took home same statue 2yrs ago for "Moonlight")

S, ACTRESS: REGINA KING, "If Beale Street Could Talk"

BEST DIRECTOR: ALFONSO CUARON for "Roma"-(A BLOW-OUT!)

THE REST A BIT LATER    THANK YOU AGAIN

Someone brought out a good fact on BP GOLD contenders, given "ROMA" is up for both, Freign Film, Hollywood-(now over 8,000 voting members, up almost 3,o00 in 3yrs)

"GREEN BOOK" just may take it he coveted Best picture Academy award & even over it-(NOTE: Who's seen the trailer for "Roma?")

It has all the ingredients of a safe, pc, well-made Best Picture film, like *"Driving Miss Daisy"  I gave it a strong ***-out of four stars)

Still watch for "ROMA" to bring home the most gold either way

& if it were to win both BP & FOREIGN LANGUAGE-FILM, it would make Oscar history!

Best Director-(Curan), Foreign-Film & Cinematography seem to be locks to win  Cuaron even did the Cinematography & most know he easily won already for his amazing helming of 2013's "GRAVITY"

1998's "LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" was up for both & won Foreign-Film    Same goes for 2000's "CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON"

& on a personal note for me anyway if justice had been served 1989's superb Italian film "CINEMA, PARIDISO" shoulda' without a doubt been in both categories!?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings