Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dick Miller (1928-2019)

LawrenceA

Character actor and B-movie icon Dick Miller has died.

With over 180 film and television credits stretching over sixty years, Miller was a regular in the early films of Roger Corman, starring in A Bucket of Blood in 1959, as well as appearing in Not of This Earth (1957), War of the Satellites (1958), The Little Shop of Horrors (1960), and many more. He later appeared in other films playing characters named Walter Paisley, his character from A Bucket of Blood. These include Hollywood Boulevard (1976), The Howling (1981), and Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983). Miller had memorable roles in Gremlins (1984) and The Terminator (1984), among many, many other genre films and TV shows.

bucketblood.width-400.jpg

cfd99oxh21nh199.jpg?skj2io4l

latest?cb=20140505215609

after_hours_dick_miller_by_highpotency-d

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

He was great as the schmo who becomes a famous beatnik artist in Bucket Of Blood

That one is my favorite of his films, I believe the only time he had a lead role. In addition to the dark comedy about murder, there is a bonus of  the satire on the beatnik of pretentious art and poetry.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

That one is my favorite of his films, I believe the only time he had a lead role. In addition to the dark comedy about murder, there is a bonus of  the satire on the beatnik of pretentious art and poetry.

Charles B. Griffith had a talent for writing Corman's "funny" films, like Little Shop of Horrors, Creature From the Haunted Sea, and Death Race 2000.  Without the stingingly nasty parody of beatnik culture, ABoB would otherwise play as a complete relocated remake of "Little Shop of Horrors", but Miller had that edge that could turn a poor accidental-murderer nebbish into a more believable creepy-loner one by the climax, once he thinks he's in "business".

On 1/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, LawrenceA said:

And darn, wouldn't you know I'd forget about Miller's bit part as the Last Normal New Yorker that Griffin Dunne meets in After Hours.  

• Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, LawrenceA said:

Character actor and B-movie icon Dick Miller has died.

With over 180 film and television credits stretching over sixty years, Miller was a regular in the early films of Roger Corman, starring in A Bucket of Blood in 1959, as well as appearing in Not of This Earth (1957), War of the Satellites (1958), The Little Shop of Horrors (1960), and many more. He later appeared in other films playing characters named Walter Paisley, his character from A Bucket of Blood. These include Hollywood Boulevard (1976), The Howling (1981), and Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983). Miller had memorable roles in Gremlins (1984) and The Terminator (1984), among many, many other genre films and TV shows.

bucketblood.width-400.jpg

cfd99oxh21nh199.jpg?skj2io4l

latest?cb=20140505215609

Everytime I eat a flower I think of Dick Miller. Or when I see a dead cat covered in cement. RIP.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings