Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NIP oughta like THIS.....

Sepiatone

THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD.  Now....

WHY would NIP like this?

Well, according to what little about it I read in today's paper, director  PETER JACKSON in restoring the 100 year old WWI film footage, also colorized it and added 3-D DEPTH to it!  

Sadly, due to health and now weather issues, I'll have to wait until it shows up on my "On DEMAND" list, or see if some kind of DVD becomes available for all of us "old schoolers".

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Thanks Larry....

Missed that one for some reason. :huh:

Sepiatone

I thought you might be interested in what was said back then about it. And as you can see, you were absolutely correct, as Nippy jumped all over the colorization aspect. :lol:

55 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I thought you might be interested in what was said back then about it. And as you can see, you were absolutely correct, as Nippy jumped all over the colorization aspect. :lol:

I see no problem with colorizing WWII footage. Those people were in color when they were shot for footage, so give it back to them. Has nothing to do with the issue of colorizing a movie, which had artistic reasons for being in black and white, that would possibly be defeated by being in color. What's the beef?

18 minutes ago, GordonCole said:

I see no problem with colorizing WWII footage. Those people were in color when they were shot for footage, so give it back to them. Has nothing to do with the issue of colorizing a movie, which had artistic reasons for being in black and white, that would possibly be defeated by being in color. What's the beef?

Who said anything about "beef"?

3 minutes ago, GordonCole said:

I thought you implied Nip had a "beef" when you said "Nippy jumped all over the colorization aspect."

By the way, I like your Charles McGraw doppelganger photo.

By "jumped all over" I meant that it was the first aspect that he mentioned, and he cited it as justifying his endless pro-colorization campaign. I meant my comment as a sign of amusement, not derision or animosity. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

By "jumped all over" I meant that it was the first aspect that he mentioned, and he cited it as justifying his endless pro-colorization campaign. I meant my comment as a sign of amusement, not derision or animosity. 

Oh, gotcha. I did think you meant he was derisive of that process. Thanx for clarifying.

Well, DB, there often IS (in cases of ads for hair and make-up products) the referral to "women of color".  ;)

My wife once quipped,  "Does that mean ME?  Sometimes I'M green with envy,  purple with rage, feeling blue, and tickled pink, so......"  ;) 

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings