Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (1972)

Moorman

Klaus Kinski with his manical self.  Werner Herzog's film is about the lost city of El Dorado and its treasure.  Lope De Acguirre ( Klinski) is a Spanish Conquistador searching for the Lost City of Eldorado with other Conquistadors lead by Don Pedro De Ursua (Ruy Guerra).  Acguirre who encites a mutiny against Ursua and the plot then goes into his manical leadership of the men and his pursuit of the lost city.  Klinski is fabulous here.  Both BEHIND and in front of the camera he was a real terror during the filming of this movie.  I rank it 8.5 out of 10...

Image result for aguirre wrath of

Image result for aguirre wrath of

• 10 months later...

After first seeing this on Filmstruck (RIP) i remember putting this into my Criterion Channel queue and seeing it was something like an hour and a half-ish. I thought to myself 'but this movie was so epic'; I had a false memory of it being an hour or so longer than that. Not that I was bored at all, just the sheer epicness of it made me sure it had been much longer. 

I was never bored during this. Herzog's direction and Kinski don't let you be so.

• 1 month later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings